Topic: Blues Treat

Chech out  "Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee" on
You-Tube. Totally Awesome Blues.

... Badeye.

one caper after another

Re: Blues Treat

badeye i met sonny terry and brownie in hermosa beach california i was introduced to them by lester and joe chambers of the chambers bros. we jammed and they were really cool people.i was singing and playing guitar with the chambers bros.they later went on to record the hit "time"i met a great blues singer and a friend of terry and megee named long gone miles he was singing and lightning hopkins backed him up fun times in california and kind of magic to

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Wow Russel, Thats amazing that you met two blues greats.
A friend of mine gave me a cassette tape of Sonny and Brownie some thirty years ago and I've managed to collect most of their tunes. Truly great blues.
Take Care... Badeye.

one caper after another

4 (edited by Russell_Harding 2007-12-21 01:53:05)

badeye .true story i was talking to sonny terry at the party that a lot of well known artist attended.i had heard a riddle and i thought i would test his calculating memory which turned out i made a bad decision.i asked him "sonny you know what reall burns my ass"and he answer is supposed to be aflame about this high,{you raise your hand to the level of your butt} but he answered "fire and pepper" and the whole room cracked up and i felt like a fool for asking but he smiled and his smile and silence said voulums.more stories of my musical career that has spanned 40 yrs. later

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That's pretty cool Russel, you'd be a good one at a kitchen jam with lots of good stories of your musicial travelles. Sonny and Brownie were true artists, just goes to prove
a guitar and blues harp can make some real nice music.

Take Care..  Badeye.    back to my guitar......

one caper after another