Topic: marshall tsl602???

I'm thinkn bout buyn a marshall tsl602 but heard the reverb isnt good, the fx loop sux and a local music store has had one too many returns on it.

does anyone have one and whats the deal with it?. i dont know any other types of marshall amps worth buyn around the same price range. What would be an amp worth buyn for around $2000 Australian?

Re: marshall tsl602???

I don't know the price of them, especially in $aus, but have you tried any MESA/Boogie amps?

I use amp modelling and I've found that the MESA amps sound better then Marshall.

Are they tube amps? im roughly spending about 700 pounds? i really want somthn to get a Vai/Satch sound.

4 (edited by Tibernius 2007-12-21 17:09:20)

Tube amps, as used by Santana. Even the cheaper ones might be out of your price range though.

How about these?

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/fenderhotr … db5df7f0c5

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/rolandjc12 … db5df7f0c5

I think the Jazz Chorus is actually solid-state though.

The Jazz Chorus is ultra-clean, will give you that dry, chiming 80s sound. The fender hotrod is a blues box like the marshall originally mentioned but there's plenty of competition. Most amps will give a range of voice settings that include blues and metal it's just a matter of how they are accessed.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Have you tried Line 6?

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/line6spide … db5df7f0c5

You should be able to get one for less than $2000Aus.

Tibernius wrote:

Have you tried Line 6?

Aren't line6 modelling amps. i really want a tube amp. i did look at mesa boogie though i'm cosidering it.

I heard that ampeg believe it or not has one of the best combos available for guitar.

The AMSJ12T
The AMSR12R
And the AMSR212R

Alex

[url=http://www.myspace.com/rdxfunk]www.myspace.com/rdxfunk[/url]

10 (edited by Tibernius 2007-12-22 15:22:57)

vlxu1 wrote:
Tibernius wrote:

Have you tried Line 6?

Aren't line6 modelling amps. i really want a tube amp. i did look at mesa boogie though i'm cosidering it.

The one I mentioned IS a tube amp, AND it has amp modelling.
From the features list:

40W Class AB tube amp through (2) 12AX7 preamp tubes and (2) 6L6 power tubes

11 (edited by cytania 2007-12-22 17:53:10)

I guess we're all making assumptions about why VLXU was after that Marshall in the first place. Can you fill us in if you really were after a pure tube amp VLXU?

Used to be you had either transistor amps and or tube amps. Then there were modelling amps that simulated both. Now there are all sorts of hybrids including transistor amps that have tube sweeteners, tube amps with transistor stages for stability, modellers with tubes for reality, and pure tube amps where digital controls cooling fans and power type. It's an amp jungle out there!

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

cytania wrote:

I guess we're all making assumptions about why VLXU was after that Marshall in the first place. Can you fill us in if you really were after a pure tube amp VLXU?

Used to be you had either transistor amps and or tube amps. Then there were modelling amps that simulated both. Now there are all sorts of hybrids including transistor amps that have tube sweeteners, tube amps with transistor stages for stability, modellers with tubes for reality, and pure tube amps where digital controls cooling fans and power type. It's an amp jungle out there!

i first started playing on a Marshall Valvestate VS30 which was all good when i got it. Now im progressing and it seems like people ive met say tube amps are the way to go in the type of sound i want ( Vai/Satch) I guess most of the amps out there will do the job but  havin a marshall aready ive wanted to stick with it.

Most people in Australia who buy Fords stick with Fords and people who buy GM Holdens stick with GM Holdens if this is a good enough analogy of me wanting to stick with a Marshall. the VS30 had its moments but a better marshall amp is all im interested in. But thanks to Tibernius for all the suggestions. The Masa Boogie has got me thinkn.

If you've bought/used a Marshall amp before and you like them then that's a major factor. I know what you mean with the Ford/Holden thing.

Have you found any other sites with info about the tsl602?

As for wanting the Vai/Satch sound, have you got the right guitar first? I know it's an obvious question but it is important. You play the Guitar through the Amp, not the Amp with the Guitar.

Tibernius wrote:

If you've bought/used a Marshall amp before and you like them then that's a major factor. I know what you mean with the Ford/Holden thing.

Have you found any other sites with info about the tsl602?

As for wanting the Vai/Satch sound, have you got the right guitar first? I know it's an obvious question but it is important. You play the Guitar through the Amp, not the Amp with the Guitar.

ive looked at most reviews bout the tsl602 and theyve all been good. Just what i initially mentioned seem to be the negative factors of it.

I have an Ibanez prestige 1570 and a Boss VWah Boss sd1 and a Boss delay pedal.

vlxu1 wrote:

ive looked at most reviews bout the tsl602 and theyve all been good. Just what i initially mentioned seem to be the negative factors of it.

I have an Ibanez prestige 1570 and a Boss VWah Boss sd1 and a Boss delay pedal.

I've had a look at the 1570. Personally I'd buy a new guitar (probably a PRS) with the cash. (That's just my opinion though, so don't pay to much attention to it lol )

I have heard that tube amps aren't that different to any other kind. I take it you get Distortion through the amp rather than a pedal?