Topic: How to put on guitar strings

I need someone to tell me how to put on strings and I need exact details please.

Re: How to put on guitar strings

Hi Tigerhood220
This guy does a good tutorial on Utube on the subject check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBEM6R4ITCA

Ark

Well arkady, I am playing so long, and changing strings is still very difficult.
I read on the internet, that they sell tuning machines. You have to put your string in that hole, put the tuner device on the knob to tune, you push on a button and the first string will be the E.
Who knows about this device?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Doc
I guess it must be difficult for you to change strings with your all medical problems
Not sure how such a machine would work had a look on the internet but can't seem to find it. Have you a link to to a site.
Ark

Mean something like this doc?

http://actiontuners.com/?gclid=CJOtguKY … QgodHTrTWA

/Missen

merry christmas by the way...

If you love what you do, there's no need to be good at it...

I've been playing for a long time. I believe that learning how to string and tune your own instrument are very important. You'll be able to tell when your instrument's out of key, as well as have an appreciation of your instrument. Trying to tell someone how to tune a guitar via written word is like trying to tell someone how to tie their shoes the same way. It's best to have someone actually sit down and show you. It would take maybe a half hour of instruction, then a few times of doing it yourself.

yes johnny and no johnny.
I do believe that learning to string a guitar properly is important but i dont think it helps much to let you know when the guitar is out of key. Or it doesnt for me.lol
I rely too much possibly on my tuner.

I learned how to string a guitar before I could actually play it. I learned from stringing my bass guitar. I used to string my mate's guitar before I started playing and he had been playing for years but could not grasp the art of stringing a guitar.

I just restrung my guitar yesterday after seeing this thread and I should have recorded what I do and put it onto youtube.
I use a wee crank thing on the tuning key, it saves you turning the key for ages.
I have only broke one e string while tuning a guitar ( before I had an intellitouch tuner)

I might go and buy more strings and restring one of my other guitars soon.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Thanks guy's I figured it out somewhat I guess its really up to how your guitar works for you