Topic: COMPLETE U-TURN: BIG BANDS you DON'T LIKE

This is a very unusual topic, since most of the topics are about who is the best band, the greatest band, fantastic songs.
So, why not about bands you don't like.
Go on, write down some names, let your heart speak, and spit it out right here.
Why do you love a band: because they are good, great music, in fact there is not really a specific reason.
Why you don't like a band: what I hate, you'll love.
BANDS I DON'T LIKE
- THE CURE: black, black and black, a vulture can easy put her eggs in his hair, and I have something "bad" with the name SMITH, because I don't like the following band:
- THE SMITHS: was this an important band? I heard them a few times, and the more I heard them, the worse I found them.
For me it is a very monotone style, similar to weeping.
What I do like is to see on a CURE concert 2000 Smith clones.
PAUL WELLER, he was probably lucky, I would never give him a contract. (= for myself too)

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: COMPLETE U-TURN: BIG BANDS you DON'T LIKE

Spice girls
Take that
boyzone
MAdonna
Kiss
scorpians

And that's just the start lol
I dont really hate them, well ok, yes I do. Madonna is not bad I suppose but she is full of herself and treats people like dirt so I think not much of her at all for that.
The rest of the bands I mentioned I have no time for them at all.

Also in the list any boyband or girls band that have been manufactured and groomed by a so called music guru.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Bruce Springsteen & Bob Seger - Just never could get into that blue collar rock sound.

I once dated a gal who really liked Seger. I bought tickets to a Seger concert for us, but I broke up with her just before the show and gave her the tickets. I just couldn't put myself through it.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I appreciate Led Zep, but don't like to listen to them...except Babe I'm going to leave you--great song, but for the most part, Plant's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I don't like any bands that are just products of the market, look good say the right thing get a cool video and wind up in a teen magazine, that just doesn't appeal to me at all.
Buckcherry is a band I just really don't like. Don't know exactly why, but every time I see them on T.V it makes me want to throw up.... Never was much for Korn either, just couldn't see what the buzz was about....

All You Need is Love smile

Never was huge on KISS, although I really liked the unplugged concert

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Just too many to count.

I don't like noise.  Bands that don't have any concept of rise and fall, building of themes, etc., I have no time for.   They rely heavily on effects.  So I don't much like bands that rely on effects either.  If your music relies more on your sound engineer than on your musicianship, I have not time for your band.  Though I may care to meet your engineer.  Judas Priest fits this.  At least the former point of noise.  They have great lyrics, but I can't stand that they start in the middle of the song, have the middle of the song, and then end in the middle of the song.  And the whole middle of the song, which is all of it, is noise that I cannot differentiate the drums from the guitar from the screaming of the lyrics.  Pure crap from my perspective. 

Ridiculous reliance upon cliches.  I have a title for it - Cliche Rock.  It is closely related to Oxymoron Rock.  I don't like either.  Oxymoron rock is those bands that have lyrics that contradict themselves in an effort to be deep.  Cliche rock relies on cliches as an alternative to thinking.  Either way, yuck.  REM's first couple of albums contained schlock from each of these categories.  Fortunately, they got better. 

Songs about getting laid.  I really don't care if the singer or the guitar player gets any.  I love Van Morrison, but G-L-O-R-I-A is one of the worst songs in the history of mankind, with the possible exception of MacArthur Park.  There's a HUGE inventory of songs in popular music about getting laid.  About the only band that does sex songs that work is ZZ Top and many of those are annoying but when they get a good one it makes up the difference.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

widdlling Rock - particularly Van Halen, Steve Vai

Very 90s - very dull worthy and pretensious

Simply Red

Very 90's - very dull.........(we've done that haven't we)

I do like CCR ZZ-Top, driving in a car, mile after mile.

I DON'T LIKE THE ALWAYS TANNED and THEIR ALWAYS PERFECT HAIR, WHITE TEETHED  BOYS BANDS, like Boyzone.
RAP, some songs I like, but I hate all the ***bands. Their songs, after removing all their ****would change into a song using 1 word: YO, yeh Yo, takaboom, tak YO, my brother in law's name is JO (a common Flemish name) JO, takaboom, JO, he married my siter Jo, takaboom boom, JO.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE such bands.

By the way, if you watch a movie, the heroes hair will ALWAYS be perfect, surviving attacks, fights, water, fire. Also, what kind of bed cover do they use: probably shorter on the man's site, seeing his "hairy" chest, and longer at the woman's side, she has to be covered because in the SAME bed, you just see her head.

I'm glad, it fits well, the rap phrase.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

At the risk of being shot down, I do not allow any U2 music to be played in my house or car.
If anything of theirs comes on the tv I change channel, likewise the radio, it gets turned down.

The 'boybands' come a close second and I would happily do 25 years to take a pot shot at that long faced ugly bint that sings the Titanic song.

Boy did I get up in a good mood this morning!!!

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."

Well Charlotte, I do agree. U2, before RATTLE and HUM, or JOSHUA TREE, well I don't understand how they started to be poular with albums like OCTOBER, in fact their first albums.
They told me, being back stage doc on one of the biggest ROCK EVENTS, that they owe a lot to the man who organised their concerts, and even not liking them, live=very good. Their success story, talking international started in fact here in BELGIUM.
What about James BLUNT. He sold millions of albums, everyone telling HOW GREAT, followed by a kind of overexposure, and listening to him was NOT longer DONE.
He has a brandnew album, and again a MILLION SELLER.
So who are those people: liars, hypocrites? They praised him, adored him at first, and now again.

Bon Jovi,  I had a room mate who played "Slippery when Wet" constantly, nearly drove drove me nuts. 
Him and all the other Hair bands that had that Power ballads About how hard life as a rock star is.

I HATE bon jovi, I forgot to mention that one. I used to just ignore him and didn't feel strongly one way or another, that is untill I turned on my country radio and there he was singing that horrible song with that horrible band Sugarland, another one I forgot to mention that I absolutely hate. That woman is so full of herself it makes me sick!

All You Need is Love smile

johncross21 wrote:

widdlling Rock - particularly Van Halen, Steve Vai

Very 90s - very dull worthy and pretensious

Van Halen I was released in 1978.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Def Leppard.  OMG they were the crappiest band to ever strap on guitars.

I'm particuarly not fond of todays EMO bands.  Fall Out Boy, and the like.  Horrid.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

anything rap... if your not singing, and there's no real person playing real instruments its not even music. FERGIE drives me nuts, along with other modern pop bands that all sound the same.

If you spend your life judging people, how will you ever have time to love them ♥

jerome.oneil wrote:

Def Leppard.  OMG they were the crappiest band to ever strap on guitars.

I'm particuarly not fond of todays EMO bands.  Fall Out Boy, and the like.  Horrid.

Def Leppard is a guilty pleasure of mine, Gotta love a band with a one armed Drummer.

I'm with you on the EMO.