Topic: Composing software

Hey Guys!

New to posting here.  Was wondering if any of you knew about a composing software that would translate what you're playing into sheet music with treble/bass clef, etc?  Looking to give a song as a gift and it would be great to have it written down in standard notation.

Thanks for the help!

-T.

Re: Composing software

how about instead of looking for something to do it for you

you go and take a few minutes and learn how to read and write music for yourself

Gee, thanks! What a BRILLIANT idea! I wish I had thought of THAT.

I already know how to read and write music. I was looking for a program that would print it out more professional looking.

Anybody ELSE out there who isn't choking on his own sarcasm who can provide any software information, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

sorry tjbigs

But I know of no program like that, but i would love to know if there is one too, and yes smappy, I can read and write music but why bother doiing that if you can get something to do it for you?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hello there tjbigs, in answer to your query I have heard of a program called Sibelius which is a composing software program which also lets you print out a very professional looking end product. I think it is a bit expensive to buy but maybe you could download it somewhere or maybe a trial or demo version.

Failing that why not put composin software in Google and see what other types there are? Hope this helps.

Thanks, antcave!  Will look into Sibelius software.  Thanks again.

-T.

Sibelius is good. You can also go to Finale and and download a free version that works well. I don't know if Sibelius is free or not, but I've been using Finale for 4 years, and I like it.

Just fyi, Finale will not be able to hear what you're playing and notate it. You'll have to put in the notes and rhythms that you play by hand.

Thanks!

And where does one find finale? (Obvious tag: "At the end"!)

seriously, do you have a URL?

Jon

The same way you find everything else... Google.

Go to Google and type in "Finale".

It's the first thing that comes up.