Topic: oasis strumming

does anyone know the strumming pattern for cast no shadow by oasis

Re: oasis strumming

Hi,

I play that one like this:

verse:
down - down,down,up,down,down,up - up,down,up  - and back to the start (change chord at the first down).

In the middle bit ("bound with all the weight...") - down - down - down,up,down -

Rest of it is variations of the above - play around with it and see what sounds best. Works ok for me .

Lovely song this, greatly overlooked. Sounds great too on solo acoustic!

Shane

kosan wrote:

Hi,

I play that one like this:

verse:
down - down,down,up,down,down,up - up,down,up  - and back to the start (change chord at the first down).

In the middle bit ("bound with all the weight...") - down - down - down,up,down -

Rest of it is variations of the above - play around with it and see what sounds best. Works ok for me .

Lovely song this, greatly overlooked. Sounds great too on solo acoustic!

Shane

newbie draggin up an old thread.......... thanks for the pattern i will try it in a minute. please bear with me i have only been learning for about 8 weeks. can you also tell me your version of the intro and chorus??? i know you say play around with variants but i keep listening to it but i find it hard at the moment to hear through the singing etc.... cheers lads

Hi. I basically play it Down-Down-UpDownUpDownUpDown  (repeat) it works pretty much through the whole song. It's so hard to do strums with words. That's how I play it anyway. I hope it's at least a little helpful to you.
Peace and music, Rev.

"Neither the Beatles or Stevie Wonder had Pro-Tools......maybe you just suck."