Topic: iPod Touch

Was wondering how do I put some of my selected songs onto my fantastic iPod Touch. Simply converting to iPod (at bottom of my song book) option doen't seem to work on a Touch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Wayne, NZ

Re: iPod Touch

Hi waynedd and welcome to Chordie! I don't have an iPod Touch (though it is on my "wish list"), but there is some info here that may be helpful.

From the front page:

Save your songbook as an iPod Notes files. These can easily be tranferred to your iPod. Works on most versions of the iPod. The newest generation can even show the chord grids. The songs are stored as text only with chords in brackets. A very compact format for such small screens. This feature is only available after you log in.

A thread that discusses it:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5432

Hope that helps!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Thanks for the reply. I have already saved chords to iPod file, but it's the transferring of these notes to the iPod Touch that has stumbled me. Where in iTunes do you sync notes or any other filed not specified for iPod Touch?

Also even though I have 100 songs in songbook, the Touch will not show them whilst logged in and using Safari on the Touch. Just shows blank under heading and subheading of (100 Songs in your songbook).

It does show songs in all other list except My Songbook?

wayneedd - I suggest you use the feedback form located under resources to contact the site owner. He is the guru for all things computer related and I am sure he will be glad to help with your problem.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

hmm.. have you tried enabling hard disk mode in itunes (if there is such an option for the touch?)
then drag and drop. Maybe?

Doesn't have that option. Already thought of that as I have a nano. Does not allow access from desktop whilst plugged into the computer. I will contact the expert shortly. Apart from that, there is the option of 'ipodding' song book, then open this file, copy all, then paste into email. Receive email on Touch and you have your song book on your iPod Touch.