Topic: FENDER FOREST

It' more and more difficult to buy a Fender.
- Spending 4000$ for a "relic" like a Rory Gallagher model?
- How many different kinds of Fender are there now, Mexican & Korean not included)
- The good old fender has 3 single coils, but am I right when I tell that the combination s-s-h, or the FAT STRAT is sold more and more?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: FENDER FOREST

Hi Phil not seeing too many fat strats but SSH is quite common. Fender make something for everyone but alot of it needs big bucks and a special order to get. Was in my local guitar shop last night and nearly all I saw was Squiers. The was a Baja Tele and an American.

What really threw me was a weird Jaguar/Mustang in a butterscotch brown with a bronze effect pickguard, no model name on the headstock just the Fender logo. None of the usual explanatory stickers and the jag switches were rotary dials. Any ideas what it was?

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Indeed cytania.
I spend hours, only to see the Fender's you can buy. (squier included)
When I ENTER A MUSIC STORE it's unbelievable how many Fenders you see. A Fender Clapton, Beck..., all different "reissues" there are maybe 30 different US Fenders. Same with Mexican Fenders. If you should test the Fenders, for an audience, I was told, and also found that the Mexican Fender is more a co-working US/Mexico. You should read all comments on sites as www.zzounds.com, www.music123.com, www.musiciansfriend.com or www.samash.com.
A nice site to compare is youtube. About Japanese Fenders: meant for the Japanese market can you find them in the US? US versus Mexico: even the coils of some guitars are like the US coils. You also have quit a few players, buying a Mexican model and for 149,99$ they put US coils in their Fender

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

Indeed cytania.
I spend hours, only to see the Fender's you can buy. (squier included)
When I ENTER A MUSIC STORE it's unbelievable how many Fenders you see. A Fender Clapton, Beck..., all different "reissues" there are maybe 30 different US Fenders. Same with Mexican Fenders. If you should test the Fenders, for an audience, I was told, and also found that the Mexican Fender is more a co-working US/Mexico. You should read all comments on sites as www.zzounds.com, www.music123.com, www.musiciansfriend.com or www.samash.com.
A nice site to compare is youtube. About Japanese Fenders: meant for the Japanese market can you find them in the US? US versus Mexico: even the coils of some guitars are like the US coils. You also have quit a few players, buying a Mexican model and for 149,99$ they put US coils in their Fender

Hey Doc,

The $149.99 are Bullets made in china with basswood bodies, the MIM is an alderbody and around the $400.00 dollar mark.

Bootlegger.