Topic: Suggestion time

I was wondering if it is feasible to incorporate a simple metronome into the control panel box on the song pages? I think it would be very handy.

Thanks for the great sight,
John

Re: Suggestion time

Welcome to the Chordie forum NUI!

That's a good suggestion but I think the main admin (Per) will have to evaluate. In the meantime, what I do is simply open up this free online metronome in another Tab. Works well for me.

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Another suggestion - Enabling sorting options in songbooks:
Every time I log-on to play my guitar, I really need to search for those latest songs I've added. I wish there was a "sort by date added" option.

smile

Keep on the good work!
Ronen @ Israel

Another great suggestion kanija - thanks! I am offering alternative workarounds for these suggestions since the site owner is very busy and it may take time to address. I do not even know if your suggestion is possible. Chordie is a hobby for the owner - not even a full-time project! From the FAQ:

"Chordie is my personal hobby project that I did because I was learning to play the guitar and to program at the same time. It is an experiment, not a commercial service. No one is working on the project full time. Even if I try to answer all e-mails, it might be periods when I won't be able to."

OK so a suggestion for a workaround - Have you tried to add a second song book and include only your newest songs in it? I believe you can include the same song in multiple books, that way you could have a "Main Book" with all your tunes - and a "Learning Book" for those you are working on. Just a suggestion to address your suggestion smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

kanija wrote:

Another suggestion - Enabling sorting options in songbooks:
Every time I log-on to play my guitar, I really need to search for those latest songs I've added. I wish there was a "sort by date added" option.

smile

Keep on the good work!
Ronen @ Israel

that could be a good idea.  i like to know what newer songs I am trying to learn.

I have overcome this by making a new songbook called " new songs" and when I learn them or get bored withthem I transfer them into whatever other book I think they should belelong in.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Good idea.

Unfortunately I have not stored "date added". I cant enable this feture until I have some data here. I will add the field, and in a few months I can enable the feature.

Ill look into the metronome thing, but I do really need a plugin here or something. Might be tricky to develop from scratch.

cheers Per

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending