Topic: I AM DISAPPOINTED

Yes, I am disappointed.
I play pretty good guitar, but here some problems
- I live alone and play alone.
- Keeping my rhythm is sometimes great, but also bad (50/50)
- My Korg Pandora Toneworks, a small device with a lot of options AMPS, OTHER GUITARISTS, a RHYTHMSECTION helped me a lot to keep my rhythm, or if my friend is playing.
- I TRIED MY BOSS BR 600, having 2 very strong mics on the outside (also a special input is present) but I just pushed on "mic" and played a lovely acoustic tune.
- LISTENING TO THE RESULT: it sounds not bad, but AGAIN "THE" PROBLEM: RHYTHM.
Can somebody give me advice? When I play in another room, my "rhythm "sounds OK but recording it's only OK for 50%. I don't know what to do.
Probably I can compress and arrange the song but what is your advice.
Thanks

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: I AM DISAPPOINTED

What you're noticing Phil is the unforgiving glare of the machine, but this is sometimes a good thing. If you are playing with others, everything sounds great, often when it really is not. The recorder brings all your faults into sharp focus. This is a good way to improve but it is a bit bruising. I play along to drum loops and when I make a mistake it's hard to get back in time.

Have you a 'Weekend Warriors' thing going on at a local guitar shop? Or maybe put a postcard advert up for a 'pickup' jam session (ie. people turn up and pickup the blues progression). Social playing improves you in a different way, it makes you listen to others and take turns, blues bands do this alot. This is something I'm not great at, others say I tend to gallop away and play too fast (it's nerves!)...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Leiven,
     Very good tips from cytania, now here are a few of mine.
    When practicing I sometimes play along with a minimal pre-recorded drumbeat on my very inexpensive keyboard. I have on of those $100 keyboards from Radio Shack. It does the job. When you decide to record your "finished" product you can wear headphones and play along with the drumbeat. That is if you don't want the pre-recorded drums in your song.
     Another thing that helps with my meter(timing) is tapping my foot when I play. I actually can't play without tapping my foot so I've put it to use. I place a tambourine under my foot and add a little percussion with my guitar, It works very good for me and having two sound sources gives the player more audio to know if the meter is too fast or too slow.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

doc i think the Boss BR 600 has a built in rhythm that plays various tempos you can set and like my Boss BR 8 it will not record with your tracks it just keeps time while you record

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Come to America, I'll give you someone to play with. Problem solved lol

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Buy a loop station pedal, jam man, rc20 xl, head rush. Boomerang. great pedals to play withand make you a better guitar player . i dont play with out one. plus they give you somebody to play with and are great for writing songs etc. great investment . The Jamman even has a usb port to save and record your stuff on a pc.

how will a loop station pedal help him keep time?

edwarddavis wrote:

Buy a loop station pedal, jam man, rc20 xl, head rush. Boomerang. great pedals to play withand make you a better guitar player . i dont play with out one. plus they give you somebody to play with and are great for writing songs etc. great investment . The Jamman even has a usb port to save and record your stuff on a pc.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

CYTANIA and SOUTHPAW and of course my other friends too, thanks.
I played a few times in an "always-in-rehearsal-state" band. The difference was GIGANTIC. After the second song, I even started to play on a few strings, not a real solo but just following the melody, bending, and followed by strumming. I think I told already that when I play guitar, I adore a strum+blocking strings with my wrist. And for ETC_04: I really hope to come to the USA, I've never been in Ohio, and JAM together.
A question: I noticed that a lot of Musicians are from OHIO, more than other States. Is this wrong or correct?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]