1 (edited by clansman1973 2008-02-05 21:13:05)

Topic: Newbie here and newbie guitar player

Hi, at 35 i've taken up playing the guitar and wish i did years ago, ive been at it 3 weeks now and progress is happening slowly but surely.

I've been using a site with free lessons from Justin Sandercoe www.justinguitar.com and find it very good but with the addition after recomendation about chordie im sure i can be an accomplished player more quickly.

Well done for the site its fantastic keep it going, i for one will be a regular user.

edit - Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Re: Newbie here and newbie guitar player

Welcome to Chordie clansman. Justinsguitar is a fantastic site and is often recommended here. That's where I went also when I first picked back up the guitar, and still go their frequently.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

hello clansman, and welcome to the most wonderful website. i have just started playing to at the ripe old age of 37, well i have attempted many times over the years but never really got anywhere, but im doing good this time, anyway keep plucking/strumming away all the best and kind regards Daveey smile

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
Sir Winston Churchill

Howdy, clansman. Hope you have as much fun here as I am.

You will find a lot of folks like us, who didn't start until later in life. (I've been playing a little over 2 years and am 40 y/o). You are in good company!

I hope you stick with it!

Just play

Welcome.  Glad you found your way around to the back room of the music shop.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

hello and welcome clansman.

Yer not alone in starting in yer 30's. I work with a wummin that has just got her boyfriend a guitar, he is about the same age as you I think. Maybe he is you? lol

ye can get lots of help in here if you ask. Some advice might go way over your head, some might seem silly and simple. But whatever ye need to know from chords to scales, formatting songs, finding songs, anything, Just ask

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi clansman, welcome to Chordie,
I am 42 and only started playing 2 yrs ago, and I truly believe that if I hadn't found this amazing site I wouldn't still be playing.
There is a lot of fun to be had here, as well as a lot of good advice, and believe me you will make friends! What more could you ask for. Good luck.

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

Glad to here from you all, and Ken i can assure you that wummin didnt buy it for me, ma mrs would torch ma guitar in a minute, she may change her mind when i learn to serenade her right enough lol

A late Welcome clansman 1973!
Man, was I relieved when I read that you're a clansman from Scotland! I had avoided this topic on our forum, fearing the worst.
Your Scottish relatives are alive and well here in the mountains of Tennessee. I'll be glad to report from the Scottish Highlands Festival, held here every year in late spring.

Hope you are having fun with that new instrument!

Its been highlighted to me many times about what a clansman is in the states and i can assure everyone it me.

Thanks for the welcome