Topic: Cool Band Names

I'd like to hear some of your band names .
A few years ago at one of our jams , one of the guys said , hey we should have a name for our little band . I thought for a moment and since three of us were ten years apart in age I said how about " Decades " and everybody said Cool .....
   The age differences make for some very diverse repitiore...........

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Cool Band Names

A few friends and I have been having kitchen jams for a while now. One night one of us got a little too tipsy, Fell off a chair, bumped his head,he was ok. We got him back on the chair, put a hockey helmut on him and kept on playing. So we called ourselves The Crash Helmut Jug Band ever since and still are having lots of laughs.

Badeye.

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

A few friends and I have been having kitchen jams for a while now. One night one of us got a little too tipsy, Fell off a chair, bumped his head,he was ok. We got him back on the chair, put a hockey helmut on him and kept on playing. So we called ourselves The Crash Helmut Jug Band ever since and still are having lots of laughs.

Badeye.

"The Crash Helmut Jug Band" !!!
I love it, 'at's one of the best names I've ever heard.

Give everything but up.

My German ex-neighbor / mentor said he always wanted a band called "The Jellybeans". He started calling us that. (in the glory and splendor of our own Kitchen Concerts).

Don't know why. He said it made him think of America.

I mean, we were no Crash Helmut Jug Band, or anything, but we had our fun!  smile

Just play

Hey Badeye ,
   I want to join your band , sounds like a blast . Any jam where you're emptying beer out of the guitars & fiddles in the morning is for me !!!???
   Your story reminds me of the most traumatic experience of my life and the shrinks say it's best to talk about these things .......at one of our big jams , one of my nieces got up to do a song and grabbed one of her dad's guitars ( very nice J B Player accoustic electric ). On her way up to stage area she had to walk behind the food table , I think she tripped on a cord and fell with that guitar in her hand . She was fine but when she stood up , still holding the guitar I was horrified to see that the headstock had broken clean off and was hanging by the strings .........................
I knew I would never be the same............

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Badeye ,
   Forgot to mention , if you let me in your group I'm sure I can find a helmet somewhere ........( would a welding helmet work????!!!! )

Last band I was in was a worship band called "Joyful Noisemakers".  Mostly called that by me.

Some friends of mine from Kentucky run a web site called "The Creek Bank."  They have fishing gatherings along a river and have campfire concerts at night.  They call themselves The Creek Bank Hogsquallers.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I'm still hoping Badeye will let
me join his " Crash Helmet Jug Band " , I've heard they're smashing........L R L

9 (edited by badeye 2008-02-06 19:49:15)

Everyone is welcome. Bring guitar and helmut.  And jug.

... Badeye.

one caper after another

I've had this band name around for years (way back to '93) ... I was stationed in Korea with a buddie of mine who played ... the very first thought I had for a band name happened to be one of the posts we worked as K9 Handlers (Hill 180) ... there's a long history about it where a major battle was fought during the Korean war ... so we adopted that name for our band ... after we left I told him you ever use that name for a band without me or asking my permission to use it and I'm sueing your ***!  (all in good fun of course tongue)

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Hey Tim ,
   Except for Badeye's " Crash
Helmet Jug Band "   , 
  " Hill 180 " is the coolest name I've heard in years ......

"Hill 180" is a great name with a good story behind it.

G S E You are welcomed into the kitchen any time. You will not be denied fun. Thats why we jam.

Have a great day... Badeye.

one caper after another

Thanks GSE/badeye ... I've never thought of the Logo design for it ... maybe it's time to sit down and come up with one! lol

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

i always thought  the aston martins would be cool   
im in the _underscores____  _ _ _ _ _ which is also cool

I'm in a contemporary christian band called Giants Fall--I like it....but then again, it was my idea so of course I like it.

I think album names a lot of times would make great band names--like that old Tom Petty album, Damn the Torpedo's....always thought that would be a good name.

We are having a hard time deciding on a name that suits all of us. It seems impossible. Since we play mostly blues and are a bunch of above middle-age players, we're having a hard time deciding. But we just got a nice gig (meaning a paying gig...) and have to have a name. I suggested "Tennessee Pharm Boys": They thought it sounded too "country"...and it's true that we are from Tennessee.
Now I've just made the decision to name us "Howlin' Earl & The Comfort Waist Band", because when I put my pants on, I found this label inside: "Comfort Waist Band".

Play On!

Tennessee Strat wrote:

Now I've just made the decision to name us "Howlin' Earl & The Comfort Waist Band", because when I put my pants on, I found this label inside: "Comfort Waist Band".

Play On!

Great name T-strat - Love it!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

the dorky moms though we are not moms.

tongue:P:P:P:P

Here in Aalborg, Denmark (aprrox. 100.000 citizens) I have seen/heard a lot of bands with quite creative band names:

Can't remember all, but here is a few:

What's That Gadget Sticking Out From The Wall
The Rhum Trader's Farewell
The Blue Van
H.P. Knudsen's Plaza
The Fiddler On The Hoof
Three Cold Ones From The Fridge

I remember their band names for one reason only, and that is because they all played fantastic rock'n roll music.

I've heard some terrible ones too, but lucklywise I have forgot all about them.

So if you play great music, people will remember your band name, no matter how creative or crazy it is.

Best Regards
Hemming

Hey Hemmingvan ,
  You're right about that , I do remember the names of the really good bands I've heard . Is'nt it funny how you'll be in a bar and the band will start up , and you realize you'd rather listen to them than any superstar you ever heard . A lot of the best music I've ever heard was played by small obscure bands that were probably getting paid 300 bucks for the night to divide between
them . But then , you just know they were'nt doing it for the money..............
" Three Cold Ones From The
Fridge " I love that one......