Topic: Possibly identify my 12 string

Can anyone help me identify this 12 string guitar? It says chinchilla quality guitars, but when I search the net all I get is chinchilla animals or the band chinchilla.  Just want to know if chinchilla was a guitar company or what.  Thanks

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/M … IM1014.jpg
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/M … IM1015.jpg
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i36/M … IM1013.jpg

Re: Possibly identify my 12 string

Well, clearly as a Chinchilla Quality Guitar, it is a guitar that is good enough to be played by a funny-looking rodent.

Can't help you.  Why bother identifying it, though?  You've got it.  Play it.  If you like it the way it sounds and plays, who cares what the brand is?  Besides, maybe you're a chinchilla without knowing it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It doesn't matter why i want to identify it I just do.  So can anyone other than Zurf help me out here?

I have never heard of such a brand. You might try checking out collectors sites,or maybe check pawn shops as they have refrences to check out most things. Hope thatwill help.good luck.       dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

OK then here's some useful advice.   

Take your guitar to a shop that specializes in musical collectables.  They will have reference materials there that will be able to help.  There may be a small fee for appraising your guitar.

Another option that is free but I suspect is less likely to result in a satisfactory answer is to go to your local library and ask the reference librarian whether he/she has any materials that can help you to identify what you want to know about your guitar.  A listing of luthiers, manufacturers, etc., is one sort of thing to check for.  Another thing to check for are used/collectable guitar appraisal guides. 

My wild guess is that you've got a house brand guitar built by a large manufacturer under contract.   I continue to think that my advice of play it and enjoy it is better.   To me the value of a musical instrument is the music it makes and not the intrinsic or collectable value. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

milemt wrote:

It doesn't matter why i want to identify it I just do.  So can anyone other than Zurf help me out here?

Can't help you mate but I don't blame you for wanting to find out more about it.

A friend of mine was left an old guitar by his deceased uncle and he was just about to sell it for a few quid to help pay for his car repair when someone pointed out that it was a 1959 Martin worth about £4000.

I'm not saying that you might have struck gold, but it never hurts to find out a bit more regardless of how well it plays.

Not really worried about how much it is worth.  It sounds really good and I have been playing it awhile now,  but I have never heard of it and was curious.  Thanks for the help.

just out of interest - what country did you buy it in ? . i actualy spent an hour surfing for you yesterday - and likeyou , couldnt find a thing about them .it passed away an hour waking up -lol.

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.