Topic: SoT is tickled pinkish....

I went down to the local music store to look into buying a new guitar. I picked up some odd looking ESP, the LTD F-400 model (see link below for pic of guitar), plugged it in, and started chugging away on it, not really all that seriously, just kinda running through scales, chords, and solo progressions, playing a couple songs on it. When I went up to the counter to put a hold on the guitar, the owner of the store told me that I was one of the ballsiest players he's heard in a long time, if I kept playing the way I was I'd definitely make a name for myself. I'm just tickled, as this guy has played guitar for over 40 years, and his playing makes you wanna go home and cut your hands off out of shame. All I can say is a compliment like that makes all the hard work, frustration, pain (fingertips mainly), and spent money all worth it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ … sku=516666

Re: SoT is tickled pinkish....

Very cool SOT - I'll be looking for you on magazine covers soon!

My first impression of that guitar was if BatMan played the guitar, that would be it!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Nice.  Feels good to get a complement.  I got one at a Guitar Center not long ago, not as nice as the one you got, but a guy I recognize from playing local clubs heard me trying out some acoustic guitars and asked me where I was playing out.  I'm not near good enough to play out, but it was nice to be asked.  He invited me to a bunch of jamm sessions, too.  That was kind of him.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Unexpected, out of the blue, praise is the best sort. I bet you were walking on clouds for the rest of the day.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

Unexpected, out of the blue, praise is the best sort. I bet you were walking on clouds for the rest of the day.

Roger

I'm still walking on clouds...... It was really unexpected, I didn't even had the amp turned up very far, so he must have been really listening closely.....