I agree with some of the others here
- U2 - Never got â€˜em, never will
- Guns-N-Roses, Bon Jovi, Poison â€“ thereâ€™s a slew of these bubble gum pop rock bands that were way to popular â€“ Either youâ€™re metal or your not, and these guys were NOT
- Rod Stewart â€“ Has any singer ever had so much success with a smaller vocal range?
- The Who definitely belong here. IMO they were / are more talented than the Stones in every aspect, but never reached the level of success the stones did.
- The Kinks - I also agree here. A large part of their problem I believe was due to a battle with the US musicians union in the 60â€™s that banned them from touring here at the height of the â€œBritish Invasionâ€ . No telling how huge they would have been without that issue.
- Aerosmith â€“ These guys have staying power that few bands have ever achieved. And even while pushing 60 years of age they are still producing good music and touring hard. I saw them just a year or 2 ago (for about the 6th time) and was still blown away by the sound as well as the energy they give in their show. They belong in the "elite" of American Rock Bands
Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!