Topic: STOP FLASHING ADS

I love this site, but please, please stop the irrirating flashing ads. They are so #@&% distracting.

Re: STOP FLASHING ADS

flashing ads?

I never get any flashing anything on this site.
If you mean pop up ads then just turn on your pop up blocker.

if ye dont mean that then i am lost to what you mean

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I havent had anything like that on Chordie but heaps on the other sites. Yes , I have visited other sites and been unfaithfull. Will you forgive me my infidelity Chordie ??

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

i think hes talking about the same thing i complained about the idol promo damm near blinded me

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It is very possible that it is local advertising which is why Ken, Ray and myself have not seen them. I am in Portugal and I get Portuguese advertising to the right of my screen. I believe that Jim along with Russell are from the States and this is their local advertising.

How to stop it I do not know, I guess this is one for Per to answer.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

just to let you know - to help - i do not get any flash adverts at all on this site and never have done. i know its not an answer - but just to let you know its ok .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

i think roger is correct the "idol" ads are not seen in every country,i envy you

There should not be any flashing ads at Chordie. It is explicitely blocked. However, it it does happen, take a screenshot and send it to admin@chordie.com

how do i take a screenshot? do you mean print the page?

Yes i was getting a lovely young woman

advertising Car insurance I think!!, Half the page she took up.

I did say i didnt like her lippy colour lol  Shes not here tonight! Must be in a hissy fit somewhere.
I just thought it was new to chordie?.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Russell_Harding wrote:

how do i take a screenshot? do you mean print the page?

Hi Russell,
By taking a screenshot this does mean printing what you see.

If you click "PrtSc" on your keyboard, then go into Microsoft word or other program and right click mouse and paste it will give you a screenshot

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

ken thanks for the info,"boy you learn somtin new everyday"

It is hard to know exactly what ads are shown because the Google-ads are country specific.

Yes, by screenshot I mean, press "Prt Scr". Go into you email program and press ctrl-v. Then send the mail to admin@chordie.com.

I actually have a meeting with Google about the ads on Thursday, so it would be very useful to know about any annoying ads prior to that meeting.

the ads no longer appear but they were flashing american idol contestants if i had known about screenshots then i would have print screened it imeditely