Topic: Fender Frontman Amp

Does anyone have a Fender Frontman 212R Series Amp?  I was thinking of buying one this weekend ... I already have my Line6 III 75 Spider Amp but I want a straight Amp with no presets, etc ... I wanted to know if anyone has played on one, or owns one and how good they are ... from what I've seen, there's a lot of good reviews on them

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Re: Fender Frontman Amp

yes i had one, if you like loud, then its for you. its pretty basic amp though. not bad for the money. fender does make better and worse amps.  joe

Thanks Joe ... I wanted something stripped down and basic ... nothing more ... I want a clean tone ... I find it hard to get that on my settings from my Line6 Amp

how do you like the fender frontman 212? i have a marshal and its not as clean as the fender. whish i didnt sell the fender. but thats what i do. alwayes looking for difference sound. what kind of music do you like and what kind do you play? what kind of guitars do you have?  joe

Hey Joe

Actually I picked up the Fender Super Champ XD last weekend ... it's tube based and I love it ... the sounds are extremely clean ... something my Line6 didnt do to well ... I just bought a Boss Metal Core stomp box to go with it if I want to do some harder tones ...

I actually play alot of different styles of music from 60's/70's folk songs to Country to Metal ... I currently have 5 guitars but you can the specifics from my signature block

nice guitars! i have a les paul epi,i love it,could not alford gibson. also have a fender telecaster highway one made in america. its fun to play,but i like the sound of the les paul better. i also play old classic rock 60 and 70"s also i love the blues. joe

Cool Joe ... guitars can be addicting that's for sure!  I'm looking to buy a Nylon Acoustic right now actually