Topic: Training questions.

Ok  this  be  my  first  post  this  hear  forum.  I  really  enjoy  reading  all  the  posts  and  find  alot  of  the  info  helpful.  That  being  said  I've  got  me  a  question  for  all  the  guit  boxx  players  out  there.
               Are  there  any  execises  anyone  can recommend  for  improving  finger flexibility  and  stamina??  I'm  pretty  new  at  the  guitar.  I  gought  my  first  one  about  a  year  ago ,an  accoustic  btw ,but  up  until  that  point  my  left  hand  was  pretty  much  useless.  The  only  thing  it  really  had  been  used  for  was  playing  video  games  and  doing  punching  techniques until I got  my  guitar.  Hell  the  first  time  I  ever  really  picked  up  a  guitar  and  tried  playing  was  when  I  was  26.  It  was  almost  a  year  after  that  when  I  picked  up  mine  and  actually  started  trying  to  learn.
              My  hand  has gotten  better  over  time  with  the  help  of  a  lil  book  I  bought  a  while  ago  called the  exercise book written  by  the  same  guys  who  wrote  guitar grimoire.  It's  helped  me  out  as far  as  strength  and  speed ,but  the  flexibility  still  ain't  that  great.  Can  anyone  suggest  and  thing??  Should  I  stick  with the exercise  book to improve  on my accuracy and speed??
               I'm  pretty  much  a  total newb  at  the  guitar  so  any info would  be  appreciated.  Thanks  in adavnced  to  anyone  who  responds.  Sayo  for  this  moment.

Re: Training questions.

are you practicing scales? because scales help tone muscles in your fingers and wrist and improve your dexterity there are a number of links on chordie to help you im not up to speed on the links but someone will provide you with the help your looking for so be patient an answer is forthcomming and good luck

"Growing old is not for sissies"

use a small rubber ball that fit in yout hand and allows your fingers to squize it for sevral minetes a day.Place all four fingers onthe bottom frets and each one on a seprate string,then work your fingers up and down the neck.Try this afew minetes a day.Do your exercise daily,and practice daily. It takes time so be patient.Your playing will improve.                        dino48

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks  Russell  and  Dino.  I  never  thought  about  the  ball  thing.  I  use  some  over  sized  meditation  balls  that  I  got  from a  local  oriental store  which helps.  They're  extra  heavy  too.  I  also  never  though  of  jus  simply  placing  my  finger  on  different  frets  and  just  wortking  my  way  over  the  finger  board.  I'm  hopin  that  gets  my  pinky  in  the  game  because  as  of  now  it  is  pretty much  useless  as  a  bloodhound  who's  nose  doesn't  work.
             Yes  Russell  I  am  practicing  scales.  The  book  that  I  got  has  thousands  of them.  The  book  does  indeed  help  ,but  more  so  because  of  ya  info  on  why  they  work  now.  I  shall  definately  put  more  effort  into  working  on  em  now.