Topic: $$ Nylon Acoustic Guitar $$

I'm looking at buying a Nylon Acoustic Guitar ... I was wondering if any of you guys know of a good brand to purchase ... I'm not looking at anything over $200 ... but something that is decent enough to give my fingers a rest not to mention a different sound ... I've heard Yamaha's are very good

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Re: $$ Nylon Acoustic Guitar $$

Take a peek at Musicians Friend website:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/classical-guitars

Gitpicker

Support Our Troops and God Bless America

I realize this is more than you wanted to spend but I was blown away by the unique features with this guitar. Not your ordinary, everyday guitar. 11 string fretless acoustic electric.......The low E has a single string and the other 5 has 2 strings. It comes tuned standard and is a great guitar for those who like to travel off the beaten path, in musical terms of course...........

http://www.music123.com/Godin-A11-Gliss … 5.Music123

Give everything but up.

I've got an ancient Yamaha nylon string classical student guitar that has been beaten and abused, but it still sounds OK.  I think you'd have a hard time going wrong with the low-end Yamaha nylon string classicals.  That said, there are many fine brands available, and many of them have full-size "student" or "budget" guitars that sound all right.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I have an Alvarez RC10 that gives a great sound for $150.00.  Of course it has a plywood soundboard.  For around $250.00 you can buy a Rodreguiz Cabellaro 11 with a solid cedar soundboard and it's as good as any classical or nylon string I've ever heard.  Gets better every time I pick it up. (Musician's Friend)

Old age and treachery...

By the way, I have an Ibanez on order now for $300.00.  (Going up in $50.00 increments).  Mama is about to cut me off, so I hope it's a dandy!

Old age and treachery...

Thanks guys ... I'm definitely going to get one ... it's just distinguishing the good from the bad ... I'll check out the ones you referenced

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75