Topic: Help selling my banjo

Hi, as I have now started playing guitar, I need to sell my banjo.
Can anyone suggest a good place to advertise in the UK. Please do not suggest Ebay.
Thanks.

Re: Help selling my banjo

pity you said do not suggest ebay, lol

I dont know why you said this, maybe you hate them or maybe because of posting? if it is to do with posting, you can get it as pick up only, but les chance of selling it.

also, have you tried advertising in the likes of the big supermarkets like asda,tesco etc? they usually have those boards that people sell things on, I hear they are mostly very good for local selling.

what sort of banjo is it and how much and where are you?

ye never know, someone here might want to buy it.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi, don't want Ebay cos I already sell on Ebay and they have put up all their listing fees and final value fees, if it doesnt sell, it costs a fortune, plus people want everything for nothing. It is a Goldtone Bluegrass Banjo BG 250/F3, includes hard case, Neotech Strap and spare strings, in excellent condition, wanting £475 for the lot which is a good deal if anyone knows anyone.  I live in Halifax, as for posting, no problem, can post it OK.

4 (edited by marcalan 2008-03-14 14:02:06)

hey there. Selling your banjo? SHAME ON YA!  Why in the world would someone sell their banjo? Keep them both they can only help you in your playing.  Chin up keep goin'. I own a goldtone too whyte lady open back.  Oh, don't give it up.

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

ide never sale my banjos. you can go to jail for that, unless you buy another to replace it, if im not wrong. why not try the classifieds in banjo hang out? maybe you can trade it out. im new to this site,is there a section for bluegrass guitar? i just bought a martin custom D-15 and looking to back up my banjo with. any suggestions? thanks   george from bristol,tn.

slopicker wrote:

ide never sale my banjos. you can go to jail for that, unless you buy another to replace it, if im not wrong. why not try the classifieds in banjo hang out? maybe you can trade it out. im new to this site,is there a section for bluegrass guitar? i just bought a martin custom D-15 and looking to back up my banjo with. any suggestions? thanks   george from bristol,tn.

This isn't specifically bluegrass, but bluegrass can be made from many of the songs in the section. Heard of a band called Hayseed Dixie? They do all AC/DC songs bluegrass style. They're quite amazing musicians. Welcome to Chordie slopicker.

http://www.chordie.com/song.php/songart … index.html

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.