Topic: what is with goggle ad"are you going to burn in hell"

enough is enough im sick of looking at satan while I surf chordie pages it appears on the right of the screen anyone else see it?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: what is with goggle ad"are you going to burn in hell"

Haha... I see it. I guess they ran out of ideas for advertising.

Electric:  Schecter C-1, Hot-rodded strat
Acoustic: Ovation Celebrity Deluxe, Epiphone

Keep on rockin' in the free world!

I told you!  It's the B chord.  If you let it in, sooner or later 'you know who' shows up.   

In all seriousness, though.  It's worth thinking about.  I don't take internet tests just because of the potential for abuse of information, but thinking about the hereafter is worthwhile. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Firefox adblock.  I haven't seen an ad sice I installed it.

"There's such a fine line between genius and stupidity."
                              --David St. Hubbins

zurf i agree that thinking about the hearafter now and then is fine I dont think it will be something that will be strange to you i believe eternal life(heaven)will be a wonderful awareness of the spirit (holy ghost)that is in all people

Zurf wrote:

I told you!  It's the B chord.  If you let it in, sooner or later 'you know who' shows up.   

In all seriousness, though.  It's worth thinking about.  I don't take internet tests just because of the potential for abuse of information, but thinking about the hereafter is worthwhile. 

- Zurf

In Heaven all chords will be easy to play. Everyone will get a Martin and a Les Paul Custom  from Peter @ the gate (at least that's how I hope it is.)

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Do you think they might give free lessons?

geoaguiar wrote:

In Heaven all chords will be easy to play. Everyone will get a Martin and a Les Paul Custom  from Peter @ the gate (at least that's how I hope it is.)

I hope so..I could really do with some lessons!!!!!!!

Elvis Costello

Russell_Harding wrote:

enough is enough im sick of looking at satan while I surf chordie pages it appears on the right of the screen anyone else see it?

I've seen it and I disguard it . When those dweebs come a  knockin' on my door at my home tryin' to persuade me that believin'  what they believe is the only way to enternal salvation, I might possibly(most likely) will, answer the door naked.................Organized religion is discovered by the seeker, not forced by the over-aggressive believer.... That's how I feel about that....

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw - Nobody needs religion.  Salvation is a different matter, but you'll not get salvation from getting religion.  Religion is just rules.  Plenty enough rules to go around.  I'm a firm believer in Jesus, but I don't ascribe to any given denomination.  When I read Scripture, and about the life of Jesus, there's example after example after example of the Big Guy breaking all the rules.  Now, he followed the Commandments, but the rules and the rulemakers were given the consideration they deserved, which is none.   You'd be hard pressed to come up with a person more anti-religious than Jesus.  I've never understood how someone could read the New Testament, put their faith in Jesus, and then come up with a bunch of rules to make up a religion.  It boggles my mind. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:

SouthPaw - Nobody needs religion.  Salvation is a different matter, but you'll not get salvation from getting religion.  Religion is just rules.  Plenty enough rules to go around.  I'm a firm believer in Jesus, but I don't ascribe to any given denomination.  When I read Scripture, and about the life of Jesus, there's example after example after example of the Big Guy breaking all the rules.  Now, he followed the Commandments, but the rules and the rulemakers were given the consideration they deserved, which is none.   You'd be hard pressed to come up with a person more anti-religious than Jesus.  I've never understood how someone could read the New Testament, put their faith in Jesus, and then come up with a bunch of rules to make up a religion.  It boggles my mind. 

- Zurf

Well said! Sometimes the difference between having faith and having religion needs to be stressed. I've always had faith but I don't have much need for religion.

Elvis Costello

I have always lived my life keeping my level of faith, or lack thereof, a private matter. We would all be better served if we all did this, in my opinion. It is no persons place to tell me or any other person what one should or should not believe, just as it is not my place to tell another person what color socks they should wear. To each his own. If I want preachin' at, I'll go to a church. If I don't , I won't. It's as simple as that.......................................But hey, whatever floats 'yer boat, or ark?............

Related reads;
John Prine- The Missing Years

Give everything but up.

I beg to differ SouthPaw41L.  I am quite certain that your socks are a public matter and that we should advise you daily upon them.  Tomorrow you should wear argyle.   Friday is hiking sock day, the kind with the thick heel and toe.  Gray is preferred, but black is acceptable. 

As far as faith, I am completely in agreement that each person's decision is his/her own.  However, in that faith is often an important part of a person's personality and individual makeup, it can be difficult to dissassociate it from all conversation.  That said, while I may from time to time present my own thoughts on the matter, I would never presume to force a particular decision upon another.   That is fair and within the realm of civil conversation, I think.   

- Zurf

It's very easy for me Zurf. I rarely ever don socks and when I have to wear 'em , I'm color blind, in more ways than one.

Fauthfully speaking, If in one's normal topic of conversation, religion is shoved, or blown lightly,  in my face, I divert the comment and move on to another subject.  When working with the public as much as I do, I can't risk the opportunity for overzealeous finatics attempting to impose their will upon me or others around  trying to have a good time. Bars and resorts are not the place for deep, theological discussions. If the person doesn't get the clue, I move on to another person. End of chat, period.  This too, is fair within my guidelines of civility as well. I've said all I will regarding this topic, I'm here to learn songs, improve my guitar playing, and share wisdom I've learned throughout the rocky course of my 24 years of playing music professionally. This is kinda' starting to become un-fun and semi-hostile(in my mind at least) so I will refrain from any further religious realted posts. I hear fully what you're saying nontheless.................

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

theology vs. footwear...That's what I love about this site! I smell a new thread?

Elvis Costello