Topic: Adding new songs

what is missing is a definite area on the home page that says "Add New Song". I am looking for it and cannot find it at all. I see where you can modify a song but there is not clear cut link that shows how to add a new song.

Re: Adding new songs

yer i agree its needed. also has any1 got the tab for "sgt.mackenzie" its a scotish lamet?

The add a song link is under the resources Tab ...

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

hi kupski and welcome to chordie,

This request is a good one i tihnk. So many people are asking how to add a song.
It is not very clear, especially to new members that you have to click on the resources tab then click on add song.

Hopefully Per will see this request, I am with you on this one.

I think an " ADD SONG" option should be on the homepage or everytime you click on a different artist the option is always there to click on.

I will email Per and ask him.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Ken

I know before someone brought up about checking to see if songs you've requested to be added would be made available .. can you email that to Per and see if we can get that option?

Hi Tim

I had already e mailed Per to ask him about adding a song before reading this reply.

Per has replied. Something I knew what was going to to happen but never knew exactly what. Chordie is going to go through quite a lot of changes with the way it looks and how you can do things with options etc. We will be able to add songs to chordie from where you are looking for it. Also the layout for artists and songs etc is going to change. It does look very good, in fact I think it looks excellent.
It might take a while, but I am sure it will be worth it.

So if we can all wait until these changes take place then see if there is anything has been left out. No doubt someone somewhere will always want something to suit their needs, but there is nothing wrong with that, if enough people ask for something and it seems like a good idea then I know Per will look into it. Even if one person comes up with an idea that no one else has thought of, it could still be looked at.

after Per has set the new look up, a few of us are going to spend time going through it trying different things to make sure everything works fine before unleashing it to the world.

I will keep people updated on the progress when it starts and if anyone asks anything that might be getting changed.

Cheers

Ken

Thanks Ken .... one more thing I forgot to ask, does Per have a banner they can put on the site with a HTML code so we can advertise on MySpace?  I know I've been wanting to do it for a while and it'd be a great way to get the word out on Chordie.

hi TIm

here is what you might be looking for. If not then I dont know,lol

http://www.chordie.com/linktous.php

Ken

Ahhh ok yep that'll do it bro!  Thanx!

Hi...

I have some chords of songs in PDF format and I want to share with all members. How do I do?

Thanks...

you will have to post them on another site then add the song to chordie from the other site.

ken