Topic: ACOUSTIC AMPLIFIED ... feeback problems?

ACOUSTIC AMP FEEDBACK ... ?

I just bought my first acoustic amp ... Yorkville AM150; I'm playing it with my Breedlove 12 string E/A guitar. If I give it any kinda volume at all I get feedback like crazy. I've tried more bass and less bass more mids and less mids, tried a longer guitar cord so I am across the frigging room ... doesn't seem to help.

I also have a Line spider II amp that I bought with my electric, and had the same problem. This is why I got another AMP.

At the Music store they said the acoustic amp is a better choice for solving this problem; also that the 12 string will feedback much more easy than a 6 string A/E

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Thanks in advance!

Stan

2 (edited by coddfish 2008-03-28 04:40:20)

Re: ACOUSTIC AMPLIFIED ... feeback problems?

With all acoustic guitars you will have an issue with feedback if you face the amp. The Acoustic guitar body is designed to amplify, I suggest a silencer, a plastic cover for the sound hole, also turning the guitar pick up down. If that is an option, use very little pre-gain on the amp. This will get you a cleaner sound which will be much louder than you realize. I have been a musician for over 30 years and congradulate you for choosing one of the finest acoustic amps available. Yorkville does make the best sound, roadworthy product!

1974 / 4001 Rickenbacker Bass
Seagull 12 string /  1998 Martin D-35
HEADWAY Pickups in 12 string & Martin D-35

Check to see if your guitar or amp has a notch filter. If so turn it on and adjust it till there is no feed back. The guitar top vibrates causing the feed back every guitar vibrates at a different frequency.

Edward

have you tried one of them rubber disks that fit over the sound hole?

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have a AC 60 Roland Acoustic Amp and the only time I have any feedback issues is when I am standing too close while holding my guitar. If a stand 5' to 4' away I have no problems but when I get closure than that (making adjustments without turning volumn down) I will get feedback. I've read some interesting reports about the "sound hole plugs" and I do plan on getting one in the near future. There are even plugs that are made of wood to match the finish of several wood finishes.

Nela

I know it sounds stupid and obvious but how close are you to the amp when you're playing?

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??