Topic: IN ADDITION TO JOHN CROSS: Women CAN('T) play

Who believes this statement today? A LOT.
Compare it to: IT's the last "MALE" bastion that still exists.
It's like a BIKER, surprise surprise when you see that it's a woman.
A "must think" question = why are all great restaurant chefs MASCULIN? If the man is such a good cook, why has the woman to cook at home.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 8155490115
On youtube you are able to see women "HARDROCK WOMEN" in action.
When they play piano, violin, classical guitar, nobody will give comment, but a "tattooed rock goddess" is still NOT DONE.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: IN ADDITION TO JOHN CROSS: Women CAN('T) play

there are plenty of Female players with solid rock cred, Chrissy Hynde  Bonnie Raitt,  Melissa Ethridge, and Sheryl Crow come to mind,  but very few in Heavy metal and Hard rock  Nancy Wilson from Heart, and   Lita Ford are all I can think of.

What about KT Tunstall?

*sigh*

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Yes PARA, I downloaded her last CD (OFFICIAL!!!! I paid for it), she is great.
Is she a singer/song writer?
There are some oldies too
- JANIS JOPLIN: I never heard a woman singing so full of passion, straight from the heart as if she was crying for help. Did she play guitar too? I know she started as lead singer of a band called BIG BROTHER AND THE HOLDING COMPANY.
Other female guitarplayers
- Liz Phair
- JEWEL
- REGINA SPEKTOR

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

5 (edited by gnomefry 2008-04-02 23:34:10)

I can play!!! so can prince. i'm surprised how most men don't listen to female bands.

tongue:P:P:P:P

gitaardocphil wrote:

Yes PARA, I downloaded her last CD (OFFICIAL!!!! I paid for it), she is great.
Is she a singer/song writer?

no, she's a comedian. tongue haha

seriously, she's a singer/songwriter, yes, and plays very good guitar too

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

I have said before and I will again, but with a slightly different attitude.

I dont think women look right playing a guitar in a rock band. women like K.T and sadny thom etc look ok with an acousitc.
I know they can play and they can play a lot better than me, I dont know what it is, I just think it does not look right. But worst of all a woman playing bass guitar!!! I think it might have something to do with women's "tender feminine" fingers playing big chunky strings.

and Lieven your comment on Women cooking in the home?????? I do most cooking in my house. I love cooking and I very good at it, better than my wife.
I think guys make better chefs and cooks!!

sorry folk, I guess I am a bit of a male chauvanist, I cannot help it. Dont hold it against me, lol
I know women can be better at things than men but I am not saying it is right lol not unless it is knitting or ironing ( but not trousers)

I just love me, I get a laugh out of being me and I can laugh at myself and know when I am wrong, but I cannot stop myself thinking the way I do.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

i agree that there seems to be this barrier and i want to break through it!

"In a mad world it is the mad who are sane" Craig Nicholls

Joan Jett and Allison Krauss and Alanis Morriset are very good musicians. I see nothing wrong with women playing instruments. If they can do it more power to them. I will support those that deserve it.