Topic: copying chords into Word using Internet Explorer 7.0

I recently "upgraded" to Internet Explorer 7.0, and now can't simply copy and paste chords into Word documents the way I used to.  Any ideas for how to fix?

Re: copying chords into Word using Internet Explorer 7.0

Hello KBarrit - Saw your post was unanswered after several days, so thought I would reply.  What specifically do mean, "copy & paste chords into Word documents"?

Do you mean the chord-fingering graphics, or do you mean the whole song layout (lyrics & chords) as seen on the Chordie screen?  Or do you mean something else?

Give me some direction on this and problem and I'll try to help you figure it out . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks for your email!  In the past I just "right clicked" on an individual chord (such as Dsus2) and selected "copy" and then I could paste that specific chord into a word document where I already had the lyrics to a song.  Now when I try to do that, all I get is a black box for the chord.  I find it easier for others to sing along if I just have the lyrics of the song from beginning to end, without having to double back or rely on codas, etc., so being able to add the chords to my lyrics is really important to me.

OK, I think I understad now . . You were copying & pasting the chord symbol [Dsus2] into your lyric file.  Try this: If the song is in one of your Chordie songbooks, open the song using the "edit" button at the end of the selections listing.

You will then see the song in a double-paned window.  The upper pane is where you can alter the song's coding using ChordPro notations (see the 'help' box in that pane for basic instructions).  This allows you to place chords exactly where you want them to appear in the lyric.  The lower pane lets you see what the selection will look like once Chordie has formatted it for display.

Sometimes when editing a song, I will copy and paste the entire contents of the edit window into a Word or Notepad document.  Then I work on it and paste the changes back into the edit window.

If you have songs in your collection that are not indexed by Chordie, then you can view & print these ChordPro-type files at this website:

www.bythechord.com/chordpro.php

It is also possible to 'hijack' a Chordie listing in your songbook (temporarily) by pasting a whole new song into the edit pane, save it, and then print.  Since Chordie formatting is very nice, I do this occasionally to get one of my own songs looking very pretty.  The downside of this is that the song's index name is still the same as the original 'hijacked' listing.

Perhaps I am still not understanding your situation.  If this doesn't help, let me know.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]