Topic: Can Anyone Help.....?

My new partner and I are going to play an upcoming battle of the bands type gig ,
and thought we should have
a name for our duo . After wracking our brains , we can't come up with anything we like . Any ideas would be great .
   We play classic rock , old and newer country , and some fiddle folk stuff .
   Physically , we are a lot alike . ( We've been accused of being brothers ) . We're both fifty something , a little grey here and there (especially the moustaches ) .
He's skinny , I'm ,well.....not .
His name is Dick , mine is Jerry. Add two black cowboy hats , and you can pretty much picture us .
   Any ideas would be welcome.................

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Can Anyone Help.....?

How 'bout "String Bean and Fatback"
I don't mean that as an insult ,it was the first thing that came to mind. My 12yr old daughter read your post and suggested"Brothers From Other Mothers" as a name. Best of luck in the band battle.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Southpaw ,
   First of all , Fatback ???
I only meant That I wasn't skinny . ( you know , just a little too much beer over the years ).  L O L .
   But tell your daughter that her idea definitely made the finals . And please thank her for me ............
                      Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

haha slimjim and beerbelly?? Just joking, seriously though, what brand of country??? What state/city yall from??? Southern rock?

All You Need is Love smile

5 (edited by wlbaye 2008-04-09 03:05:15)

Sounds like ,     Dos Hombre's     would do the trick.

Wayne

Later, Wayne P

6 (edited by dino48 2008-04-09 04:05:49)

How about Daddys pride? Eight second ride. Late Bloomers.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Please keep em coming .
All good ideas !!
   Hey Reb ,mmmmm.....
Slimjim & beerbelly ( we'll save that as a last resort ) .
We play any country with a fiddle backing . C C R is one of our favorites for classic rock . Other than that , Simon & Garf , etc . the list goes on & on . We're in Detroit Lakes , Mn. , right up here where they hold the WeFest music festival every
year . ( If you've heard of that ) .
   Dino ; My partner would love " Eight Second Ride " ,
He ran the rodeo circuit for years . He always says " The
animals don't hurt you a bit ,
what hurts is when that hard ground comes up and hits you ..............L O L .
   Anyway , thanks all and keep em coming ........

Hello G S E   how about "Hard Ground" for your name.Good
luck in finding a name and in the battle of the bands.

take care... Badeye.

one caper after another

Thanks everyone for the
ideas .
   The winner is .................
" Hard Ground " , we all love it . Thanks to Badeye for that one ...........
   I've already written our opening song using the name . Maybe someday I'll post it ........Thanks again....

Jerry

How about "Duelling  Stetsons" big_smile

Thats so cool GSE, hope you do well at the battle of the bands..

good luck to you....Badeye.

one caper after another

Best of luck in your battle!

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Just an update on our battle of the bands gig . It was cancelled because it was planned for the weekend before last when we got that three day blizzard . But we have been playing parties instead . ( Probably more fun anyway ) .
   But thanks all for the good wishes . If they have it later , we'll play it ...........

Jerry

someone please tell me wot a tab is

Stephan Visser wrote:

someone please tell me wot a tab is

This is the second place you have asked this. I deleted your other post asking as it had nothing to do with the thread that you posted it in.
If you want to get an answer to any reasonable question then please start a new thread asking. And also can you post it in a rellevant section. Chordie's chat is rellevant but bands and artists is not.

TAb is when you see guitar wrote down in the form of lines and numbers telling you what strings to play and where.
It can also be a short name for a tablet lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hey Ken, you forgot that 'tab' is also slang for ear lol

Here is a link to a tabbed version of 'Tears in Heaven' for Stephan Visser: http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.g … 24813.html

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"