Topic: bridge seems worn

looks like the holes in the bridge all wearing, like the strings are cutting into it.  should i be concerned? what is going on here?

Re: bridge seems worn

I have a Yamaha F series acoustic that has the same problem. It's literally been years. I keep saying "I've got to get this to the shop" but never quite get there. I use medium strings and always have. In short, yes it should probably be looked at by a luthier but just wanted to let you know I don't think it's that uncommon and may not be as urgent. Others may disagree

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hi Joy ,
   All of my vintage flat tops are like that and have been for years and years . I would'nt worry about it unless it's bothering the bridge saddle itself , ( the plastic or bone piece that the strings actually sit on ) .
   Yes , I agree with Geo , don't worry about it .

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Hey Joy,
           Maybe this is what you need... http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Speci … _Mate.html

Peace Love & Rock'n Roll

Mine is like that too.  It hasn't seemed to affect the playability of the guitar, which is what I care about.  Well, that and the sound, which also seems unaffected.  Play it till it's broke, then fix it.  It ain't broke yet.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude