Topic: Help......I'm Bummed......

Somebody please cheer me up .
    It's supposed to be spring , but not so you would notice . I just found out we're
supposed to get snow dumped on us AGAIN .
   This morning I had to change one of my pieces of equipment back over for snow removal ,!!!??!!??!!!?? .
What's going on ..........???
    I just hope I can recover my usual good humor before tomorow night as we're playing a party . ( maybe that's all it will take ???? ) .

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

2 (edited by 25Frankster 2008-04-25 17:28:56)

Re: Help......I'm Bummed......

It's 87 in San Angelo, Tx right now--isn't a little snow better that 87 degrees, high humidity and blowing sand?

Did that help?

How about this:  It's snowing and 10 degrees in Kotzebue, Alaska

And, being in MN, you have that beautiful 3 week summer to look forward too!!
Seriously, MN is a beautiful place, snow and all--

Around Cape Breton Island the pack ice is in from the north
and the wind is colder than a well diggers a$$. Snow banks line the street still. Winter hangs on. But tonite we are having a kitchen jam with guitars,bongo's,blues harps,shakers, and a load of tunes. Lots of beer on ice.
Does that cheer ya up...

...Badeye  cool

one caper after another

75 sunny and dry in New England USA...Oh I guess that doesn't help...Sorry

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hey Frankster ,
  You're right about the three week summer.........L O L .
   Really though , having a business that allows me to work outdoors all summer long almost makes up for the winter when I'm cooped up in my shop , except when the weather is really crappy and I have to be out in it .
   Hey Badeye , oddly enough
you did make me feel better , ( a little ) . Have fun at your kitchen jam tonight . Nothing like having friends and music around you .
   Believe it or not , last weekend we played an out door party and it was seventy
degrees . Tonight it's gonna be temps in the teens and blizzard conditions , go figure ........We do play an indoor party tomorow night ,
so thinking about that helps...........

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

G S E wrote:

Somebody please cheer me up .
    It's supposed to be spring , but not so you would notice . I just found out we're
supposed to get snow dumped on us AGAIN .
   This morning I had to change one of my pieces of equipment back over for snow removal ,!!!??!!??!!!?? .
What's going on ..........???
    I just hope I can recover my usual good humor before tomorow night as we're playing a party . ( maybe that's all it will take ???? ) .

Jerry

Jerry - A double shot of Jimmy Buffet chased with a tall glass of Bob Marley always helps me through a cold winter storm (or in your case a spring storm). And if you can find a copy of Jerry Jeff Walker's  Cowboy Boots & Bathin’ Suits, I highly recommend it.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

As a fellow Minnesotan, I feel your pain. I'm down in Jackson so we haven't got any snow...yet. Are you up by Alex? I heard that there was quite a bit of snow up there. If it makes you feel any better, at least you know the snow will be gone in a few days. Unlike December and January where you know it's gonna be around awhile. And look on the bright side, at least you won't have to mow your lawn for a little while yet!

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

just play a happy song in a major chords on acoustic and make up funny lirics as you go, that always cheers me up, or watch a funny movie or something