Topic: Lost Artists??

Hi Eveyone,

I love this site. Thanks to all of you who contribute. Colin from Scotland here. Wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of good tab/chord sites, or personal links/info for John Martyn, John Renbourn, Michael Hedges, Nick Drake, Larry Coryell, Philip Catherine, Pierre Bensusan, John McGlaughlin et al. I'm having a hard time finding good fingerpicking info. on these guys. Any info would be appreciated.

-Cheers

Re: Lost Artists??

Hello cpaul - Quite a list of accomplished musicians you have there.  Some I knew of, others are new to me . . . there is a Wikipedia article about each of these artists (I just checked) and there are plenty of links at the end of each article that may get you closer to what you seek.

One reason why info/tabs on the web is hard to find is that some of these guys use a completely different tuning for each song.  Another reason is that some of them were at the height of their popularity before the web was what the web is now (if that makes any sense).

Hope this helps - if you find a treasure trove of stuff on any of these guys, please share the info.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]