Topic: Russell Harding is a freaking GENIUS

No, I'm not talking about his CD (which will be ordered next payday).  I am talking about some advice that he gave me in jest and works PERFECTLY!  A buddy of mine is a huge "Smokey and the Bandit" fan, so I was trying to learn "East Bound and Down", but it contains the evil B chord, so has been lingering in my Songbook.  Russell jokingly said once to just play it with a B7 and say "that's jaaaaazzzz".  Guess what? I am convinced that B7 is the right chord in the right place!  B sounds awful (it is evil after all, what else could we expect), but it's non-evil only mildly annoying cousin B7 sounds just right in the piece. 

Thanks Russell, even if your genius in this case was accidental.   big_smile

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Russell Harding is a freaking GENIUS

I love the B7 chord but only in the right place.
I will try using this instead of using that lovely B chord.

I am not convinced but I am willing to be convinced

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

zurf are you sure it was me who said that?I think it may have been someone else and alltho I concider myself a genius in my own mind lol I wouldn't want to take credit for someone elses advise and I dont recall saying it smile 

Zurf wrote:

No, I'm not talking about his CD (which will be ordered next payday).  I am talking about some advice that he gave me in jest and works PERFECTLY!  A buddy of mine is a huge "Smokey and the Bandit" fan, so I was trying to learn "East Bound and Down", but it contains the evil B chord, so has been lingering in my Songbook.  Russell jokingly said once to just play it with a B7 and say "that's jaaaaazzzz".  Guess what? I am convinced that B7 is the right chord in the right place!  B sounds awful (it is evil after all, what else could we expect), but it's non-evil only mildly annoying cousin B7 sounds just right in the piece. 

Thanks Russell, even if your genius in this case was accidental.   big_smile

- Zurf

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thought it was you Russell.  Will the real genius please stand up?

You know what?  That's not helping. 

Will the real genius please identify himself/herself on-line?  (I think that'll work better than standing up.  No matter how hard I look at my monitor, I can't see y'all typing.)

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

5 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-04-27 01:08:16)

AHAA I found your genius! it was SUMELTON 1 from north europe Jan 30th 9:19:13 am so now i will have to shrink to mere mortal statis but I can play the hell out of a B chord NAA NAA NAA NAAA NA lol

Here's the thread in question smile:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6335

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

top i found it first lol  i will copy and paste the address next time you are very effecient i hope you practice guitar with the same concentration you will be a monster technition smile

topdown wrote:

Here's the thread in question smile:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6335

I wonder how many B-CHORDS haters we have. Agree, you can take it "perfect sounding" on the 7th fret, if you take it on the 4th fret, it works too, but the risk is you touch the other strings too much, and if you play a song A, E, C, B, it is hard to do it because you need to switch fast.
And yes the B7, is indeed a great chord, easy to play, and sounding warm and "bluesy".

An other sh** chords is Dm. I play guitar since long, and I practiced a lot in "switching chords" and this takes a lot of time.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

SUMELTON1 is a freakin' genius!!!  Rusell Harding, however, remains a mutant.

- Zurf

thanks zurf its better to be a mutant the union dues are lower but at least we unearthed who this  mystery person was and he can get all the credit due,we mutants thrive on obscurity smile

I couldnt be bothered to open another thread so I will ask here ( since Russell's name is mentioned in the topic)

What song have you got on your cd?
are they your own songs or covers?

I am finding myself more interested with the cd.

I will wait to see others replies after they buy it thogh before I decide to actually buy a music legally lol

ken

12 (edited by Russell_Harding 2008-04-28 05:17:13)

in answer to your question I found it necessary to remove the cd in question the reason being there were to many mistakes i missed when I submitted the final version and it wasn't untill I received the finished cd from the factory that I noticed so I deleted the cd for sale and I am re_editing I will have it ready tuesday to upload and im adding some pictures that were not there and it will be what I want and be a good product its a good thing I caught the screwup because you onyl get 1 chance to make a first impression

all the songs are my composistions and I deleted everyone from all my web sites because people are people and if they can listen for free why bother buying? if you want the new playlist email me and i;ll be happy to send it, I remember a quote "why buy the cow when you can get the milk free" lol   The CD is ready all newly designed with my picture and remixed if you want the link for the site email me  thanks

cheers Russell,
I might email you later next month.

And I would have taken all songs off websites too.

Ken

yea it came to me and as a "ding" and I cleaned house

upyerkilt wrote:

cheers Russell,
I might email you later next month.

And I would have taken all songs off websites too.

Ken

a good way of advertising though Russell is do a song or two or parts of them on youtube,
and since it is your own youtube site, you can advertise your own cd. On youtube you manage your own spammers, so it is not as if the owners of youtube will ban your spam from your own space on it.

Ken

Im way ahead of you check out my vid on you know where i'll give you a hint its a very large and popular site and your right I had no problem with the owners it only took me 50 hours to produce 1 6 minute video but its the best I can hope for 11 short vids in one video the editing was a real task but the results were what I wanted smile

upyerkilt wrote:

a good way of advertising though Russell is do a song or two or parts of them on youtube,
and since it is your own youtube site, you can advertise your own cd. On youtube you manage your own spammers, so it is not as if the owners of youtube will ban your spam from your own space on it.

Ken