Topic: LYRICS PT. 1 RELATED WITH BEST SONGS

We all love music.
English is NOT my mothertongue and 30 - 40 years ago, we had to "do it" with 2 hours English at school. Youngsters from today understand the lyrics
So you ALWAYS FALL IN LOVE WITH A TUNE, followed by lyrics. I speak for mysel

THE BEST ALL TIME LYRICS LIST (I believe a WORST list would be better)
1) STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN  (And as we wind on down the road our shadows taller than our soul) this an amazing phrase.
2) A PERSONAL ONE, "MOTHER" by Pink Floyd.
3) AMAZING GRACE by various.  (written late in 1772 by Englishman John Newton)
4) FATHER AND SON by Cat Stevens the Q & A structure is brilliant.
5)DREAM ON by Aerosmith.

What's your list? I don't want yo put phrases of songs but you'll find them easy.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: LYRICS PT. 1 RELATED WITH BEST SONGS

I like Father & Son too.  It's in my play list.  I thought it was brilliant when I was young.  I think it moreso now that I have kids of my own.

As far as turns of phrases go, I like Jimmy Buffett.  Yeah, yeah, he's not taken very seriously in the music world.  So what?  I like his way of saying what he says.  The line in Margaritaville where he admits that he has no idea where the tattoo came from, or in He Went to Paris with the summation of the main characters' life - "Some of it's magic, and some it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way." 

Amazing Grace I also agree with.  No one should muck around with it. 

Another song not to be mucked around with because it is the epitome of what it was attempting to be is "Magic Carpet Ride." 

Not much revelation here, I'm sorry to say.  Just participating to participate.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

i like Franklin(Paramore)
and
Tears Dont Fall(BFMV)
and
Seize the Day(A7X)
all great lyrics in my opinion=D

I like cheese:P
               And Paramore:cool:
               And my guitar:D

Far too many to think about. But one that always sticks with me is from "Unsafe Building" by The Alarm -

Behind the wardrobe there lies a better life
Burn all your old clothes start again make yourself something new

Also "Caledonia" by Dougie MacLean. Us scots love to sing about missing home when we're still here lol

P.S. Victoria Void XD - Nice to see another Scot on board.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??