Topic: It's A Hard Life But Someone Has To Do It

Hi All,

Some of you will remember me mentioning my friend Howard from time to time, a professional musican who owns a music shop. Well he has today gone to Scotland with his wife for a long weekend away and will not be back until next Tuesday.

He has asked me to look after the shop whilst he is away so I have a multitude of guitars which will of course all need tuning and trying out to see that they work OK including a used 1967 stereo Gibson 345 TD on sale at €4499.00. As today is a national holiday in Portugal I am expecting a quiet day to get to know the stock.

It will be hard but I am sure I can manage.......

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: It's A Hard Life But Someone Has To Do It

"Like a kid in a candy store" is the phrase that comes to mind!
Have a great weekend, Roger.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

yea if you see any 58 telecasters send me a photo maybe its mine seems some enterprising fellow lifted mine from a gig aint seen it since it was candy apple red with a blond neck sure do miss it at times ive had so much gear ripped off over the years that would be worth a fortune today but k say ra say ra i cant spell it in french "what will be will be"

"Growing old is not for sissies"

James McCormick wrote:

"Like a kid in a candy store" is the phrase that comes to mind!
Have a great weekend, Roger.

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Give everything but up.

have fun roger!!!

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

James and Toney, you have it in one - it is a bit like Christmas when Santa brings you everything you wanted.

Russ I will check the Telecasters tomorrow. Howard has spent some time in the States lol

Ken I certainly plan to have fun thanks. In some ways I want it to be busy so I do well for Howard but in others I want to put 'closed' on the door and just indulge myself.

Do you need an apprentice to help you?? That would be a cool job with all those guitars. I'm sure you'll do great.

Badeye... cool

one caper after another

hi roger any discount on purchases ,i'm after a electro/accoustic  flame red with two f clefs ,seen some but too pricey,have fun ...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi Daddycool,

There is just the thing for you - a Tanglewood copy of a Gibson 335. I have given it a work out this morning and the action is very good with a great sound from the humbuckers. I have posted a photo for you at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roger_guppy/2516038452/  You will find one locally priced in the region of £280.00 but if you want to pop over to Portugal this weekend I will let you give it a workout yourself lol

Russ, sorry there are no '58 telecasters on the walls.

Badeye, pop over I would welcome your help but I have to tell you that although the pay is not good there are some perks, beautiful guitars and senoritas abound, but don't tell Gem!!

Roger

Roger, I am not that far from PORTUGAL next week. A HOLIDAY in NARBONNE France, so has he DUESENBERG guitars? I felt in love with a 49er and we expect a baby.
I only know that you will be happy. If he pays you, you can ask an instrument big_smile yikes

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

hi roger that is the type i'm after but the one i've seen has got yellow flame colour in the centre and a bright red outside,thanks...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Daddycool,

There is just the thing for you - a Tanglewood copy of a Gibson 335. I have given it a work out this morning and the action is very good with a great sound from the humbuckers. I have posted a photo for you at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roger_guppy/2516038452/  You will find one locally priced in the region of £280.00 but if you want to pop over to Portugal this weekend I will let you give it a workout yourself lol

Badeye, pop over I would welcome your help but I have to tell you that although the pay is not good there are some perks, beautiful guitars and senoritas abound, but don't tell Gem!!

Roger

Beautiful guitars, senoritas, who needs pay, ssssshhhhhh
Gem just got home.  lol

...Badeye.. cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:
Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi Daddycool,

Roger

Beautiful guitars, senoritas, who needs pay, ssssshhhhhh
Gem just got home.  lol

...Badeye.. cool

Hey Gem Got Home Log Off Lol

I Can Play And Thats Ture  (- -)
                                           -
                                         /--/