Topic: Elecs quit working!!!

Hi folks! This is my first post.I recently purchased an acoustic/electric Epiphone Masterbuilt jumbo guitar which sounds and plays absolutely incredible. Allthough the plug in jack seemed a tad tight I figured this would loosen with use.It hasn,t. About two months ago I plugged in and as things usually go,nothing came through the amplifier.So, before I take this guitar to the shop does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem with my guitar? The amplifier checks out fine as I have other guitars. The pick-up in the Epiphone is a Baggs Element pick-up system,I suspect this is a under the bridge mounted unit and the volume control is a sound hole mounted unit.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,Eppy3.

Re: Elecs quit working!!!

It could be a ground wire at the input jack or a lead wire theres only 2 wires that connect to the input jack you can unscrew the locking nut where the input jack is and check that both the lead and grounds are soddered and secured to there contacts if that is the problem sodder them if not its elsewhere, and I would return it and let a pro take care of it

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Had the same thing thing happen to me. It was the solder connection on one end of the cord from the guitar to the amp. A little solder and it woeks fine. Now if it is an internal problem with the guitar I wouldn't take anything apart if there is any warranty on the guitar. If you do then the warranty will be voided.

nela

Hi EPPY3 and welcome to Chordie,

Many electro/acoustic guitars have a 9 volt battery housed in a cradle and will not work through an amp if it is flat, so before you take anything apart please check the battery.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you all for your response and do I feel like a fool! After reading what you all wrote I got out my dental mirror and had a good look inside. Imagine my surprise when I discovered a pouch inside toward the neck with a velcro flap and two wires leading out of it and inside the pouch......a nine volt battery!!!!!! I had no idea this was inside of my guitar as this is my first acoustic/electric guitar. So, in closing I thank you again for all of your responses and I owe you one!    Eppy3

Eppy3, when you get trhu playing be sure yoy disconnect the cable from your guitat to the amp. If left connected it will drain the battery very quickly.

Nela

Roger Guppy wrote:

Hi EPPY3 and welcome to Chordie,

Many electro/acoustic guitars have a 9 volt battery housed in a cradle and will not work through an amp if it is flat, so before you take anything apart please check the battery.

Roger

Way to use the brain box Roger, good pull.

Bootlegger.

NELA wrote:

Eppy3, when you get trhu playing be sure yoy disconnect the cable from your guitat to the amp. If left connected it will drain the battery very quickly.

Nela

Also good pull to you Nela cords left in anything that has an input and is ran by a battery, ie: active pickups, acouusric pickups with preamps and effects. The cord left plugged kills batteries.

Bootlegger.