Topic: Bad Times..............

My older brother Danny passed away Sunday night .
Him and I were never as close as my younger brother and I are . I suppose because we're both musicians . Danny always wanted to learn so we would try to teach him stuff from time to time but then he would just go off on a new quest . He retired from the navy at the tender age of thirty seven after twenty years in naval inteligence , and I could never understand why after that , he never really seemed to want to do much of anything . Now I think that the eight plus years he spent on South East Asian soil had a lot to do with it ...........
   Even though he was never a musician , sometimes when the three of us did things together , my younger brother and I would refer to him as the leader of the band.
    The funeral is wednesday and it's gonna be tough on my younger brother . They lived about half a mile apart and were together a lot .
    None of my five sisters were really close to him either, but one of the songs picked for the funeral is Elton John's " Daniel " . Getting through that is gonna be hard on all of us...............

Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Re: Bad Times..............

Sorry to hear of your loss, Jerry.   That's a darned shame.  It's times like this that it's a little annoying that we have this on-line community rather than one in person.  I'd like to be able to bring you a dinner and sit with you a while and talk, or come to the viewing and listen to your stories about your brother, or practically anything for you rather than just sit 2/3 of a country away and type on a keyboard.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

jerry my condolences it is tough loosing a family member I have and the memories never really leave they cross your mind when a situation or location triggers them and you feel the sadness and the loss but your life moves on as it was ment to again. again my condolences

"Growing old is not for sissies"

May God bless you and watch over you and your family Jerry and help you through these tough times

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

Prayers are with you GSE. Stay strong for your little bro.

Badeye...

one caper after another

My thoughts and prayers are with you...Remember the good times.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Hello Jerry,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. It sounds that even if you were not close there was a lot of love between you and you have some good memories of the things that you have done together.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I spent six years in naval intelligence.  It's a small community, and we all share it a little when one of us goes on to whatever is next.

Condolences.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I wish the best for you and your family, I like to think good comes outa bad alot, hopefully it will make your family come together and be a stronger.God Bless

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

Sorry about your loss Jerry. Find strength and comfort in your music. We're here for you if you need to vent.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L(Toney)

Give everything but up.

What a sad thing to hear!!!!!!!!!!! i feel sorry for you

I Can Play And Thats Ture  (- -)
                                           -
                                         /--/

My condolences too you and your family Jerry.I hope you find some peace in knowing that there are alot of people at chordie thinking of you and your brother.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers , it really did make me feel better. We all got through the funeral so now things just go on don't they .
   I think when I get done today I will break out a guitar and a cold one and play some music for Danny .
    Rock on Dan.................

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Gse,
My deepest sympathy to you and  all your family in these sad times.

My prayers and thoughts are with you this night.

Dia Linn. { God to you }

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

G S E wrote:

I think when I get done today I will break out a guitar and a cold one and play some music for Danny .
    Rock on Dan.................

That is EXACTLY what I do when thinking about loved ones who have passed - Jam on their favorite tunes or songs that remind me of them. It's the best therapy there is for me. I like to think they are watching, listening and jamming along. What kind of music did Dan like?

My thoughts are with you Jerry.

Jeff

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

thanks for all the postings, my brother dan would have love it .  I am sitting i my little home studio with my guild, my lespaul, my  fender,  and my silvertone.  funny i just dont feel like playing.      I miss him so much.     roger short jr.           gse. little bro

G S E wrote:

Sounds like the perfect catharsis. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hi Scuba,

Welcome to Chordie, I was trying to make sense of your posting and then spotted that you are Jerry's little brother.

My condolences to you at this very sad time, maybe you should try playing Dan's favourite song, quietly and gently, it may help. Some years ago when my father died suddenly I heard Eric Clapton's "Tears In Heaven", which I then learnt to play and found a lot of comfort from it. Of course as soon as I hear it now I think of him and remember the happy times and all that he did for me.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

thank you roger , i will do that .