Topic: The Price of Gasoline

I am going to write a song about how gas prices are affecting life today.

The tittle will be "The Price of Gas Gives Me Gas"

In my home town of London Ontario Canada the price just jumped up 10 cents to $1.35 a litre.

I am new to this forum and in my short stay here I am finding my creative juices flowing again.

I have also noted that this forum has worldwide members and I am sure that what I am paying is far less than others.

It would be cool if I got a lot of  responses on what prices others are paying and how it affects you

in order to give an honest overview of this quagmire we are in.

It has the makings of a great and topical song.

Hope to hear from ya

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

2 (edited by Tibernius 2008-06-07 13:28:27)

Re: The Price of Gasoline

£1.20 a litre for petrol here. (UK)
That's about twice the price that it is in the US.

In rural Nova Scotia gas is $1.39.a litre. When you head for town you make a list and make one trip.

.. Badeye. cool

one caper after another

$4/gallon here for regular.  My car burns premium.  $4.34/gallon.  Euro and $ are trading pretty equal these days.  Not sure how many litres per gallon.  I seem to recall it's a little more than 4, but am too lazy to look up a conversion chart. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I burn regular and the price just dropped if you can believe from $4.09 to $3.94 a gallon in port washington wisconsin but with summer here or almost it will skyrocket and that you can bank on so im looking around for a bicycle at least i can get some exercise and do a little shopping but I aint gonna pop any wheelies lol`

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Our petrol has jumped 12% since January 08.

Euro. 124.9 per litre petrol.
Diesel 132.4 litre.
Our home heating oil has gone up 61% since last year also. My last fill of 1ooo litres
cost me 800 euro or 1200 dollars.
Im gonna have to find a good  warm busking spot if this keeps up! Anyone out there want to mind this old Doll for next winter ?. Im a good cook  Florist, and Massage therapist. Preferably near a beach lol Replies to chordie.
Thanks Per.
  for the free advertising ! I know ya wouldnt want your Old Doll on the streets.!
How would i connect into Chordie?

Old Doll.  {Warm at the moment.}

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

My heat is natural gas and I dont know how much its gone up cause I dont wanna know but yer welcome to stay here except I fear it is much colder and snowier and miserabler in Southwestern Ontario in the winter.Yuck.
Present gas price is $1.35 per liter =$5.40 American
Present diesel price $1.40 per liter =$5.60 American

Thanks for the anecdotes ...I know theres a song in there
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Old Doll, if you can babysit two beautiful, smart, good-natured but oh so trying children, you're welcome to squat for a while at Chez Zurf.  You'll have to take the "people under the stairs" futon in the partially finished spare bedroom/den/laundry. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

lol Not a problem at all zurf. Ive had loads of practise.
Being the eldest girl of a 8 brothers and 2 sisters. There aint nothing i dont know about kids. I love the challenge of them. Get right down on your hunkers and look them straight in the eye.. Talk to them and there putty in your hands. lol
No mystery at all to kids. Undivided attention is what its all about. oh! and guidence. if your happy with them then there happy.

Futons/ laundry room! a doddle Zurf.  {Den? The only den i ever knew was "The Scouts Den" that was part of my life as a kid.  My brothers were all in the scouting movement,  My sis Ella and i were cub mistresses,
so it beats sharing a massive Green army tent with all my family.[ Which was a gift from a Aunt in England}
Fishing for mackeral. gutting and cooking 53 in all one day with my Dad. All Cooked on 2 wee primus stoves. I can smell the aroma to this day.
Happy times Zurf. Not a lot of money in those days, but such happy sunshine days.

Your den /laundry room/ sounds like  " Trump Towers" In comparison  lol.

Love to you and yours from the Emerald.

Old Doll.

Old Doll wrote:

Im a good cook  Florist, and Massage therapist. Preferably near a beach lol Replies to chordie.

{Warm at the moment.}

I am very fortunate to have a company gas card for my fuel needs. I fill up 3 or 4 times a week at about $75 (USD) a pop. Most of my driving is for work, but it is a great benefit to use the company petrol for personal use. I almost feel guilty when everybody talks about fuel costs.

Doll - I live about 3 hours drive to the beach. We have a spare bedroom with your own private bath. My wife loves flowers, I love a good meal and we both love a good massage - Sounds like a great winter and you are always welcome - just give me the dates, and I'll order your plane ticket!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I am paying about $435 a gallon here in california. I think this will end soon though,Some of us may be old enough too rember the so called gas shortage around 1970,when we had too wait in line and odd and even numbers on your license plates dictated the days you could fill up your tank.Highway speeds were reduced too 55 miles per hour. I was Drivung a gas tanker for chevron then,I had a few times when people tried too pay me alot off money for gas,I told them that would be impossable,as it comes out at 600 gallons per min. Old doll you are welcome out here anytime I am a bachlor,and I will do anything for home cooked meals,we have a great climate in california.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi,
we are paying about £1.20 a litre up here in north east scotland which is bad enough, but if you go further north up to Caithness or the northern isles then there are some filling stations charging £1.40-£1.50 per litre.
I think what pisses pepole off in the U.K the most is that we are paying V.A.T.(value added tax, supposedly only for luxury goods) and then on top of that the government slaps on what they call "Fuel duty excise" which is yet another tax.The newspapers and television tell us that the true price of petrol/diesel is nearer 70 pence per litre.
Suffice to say that the bike i bought secondhand for £20. two years ago is now seeing a lot more of the open road than it ever did before these recent price hikes.

see you out the back. big_smile

lol Topdown & Dino48,

Looks like im gonna have a warm winter! Im packed already. Whoohoo!

Now!
Eenie, meenie, minie, mo,
Catch a leprechaun by his toe.
If he screams, let him go,
Eenie, meenie, minie, mo. . Decisions ,Decisions!

Old Doll.

well I am paying £1.30 per litre for deisel. Only last year it was under a quid!! and it looks like we will be paying about £1.50 per litre by september.
I have two cars in my family ( yes, we really do need them or I wouldnt have any) it is costing us a fortune and because of work and childcare times and work times we have no choice.
I was thinking of getting a glider plane and a big sling set up in the field near my house and catapult me to work. But I would need another sling at work and I dont think the council will let me do that lol

I have been doing some fuel saving exercises and they work!!
Apart from boycotting ESSO and BP garages for the past 10 years ( their prices are higher tha nanyone elses and make more profit yet the oil comes from the same place, I hate being ripped off more than I already am)

so, in a 30 miles per hour road I will drive up to about 35 - 40 depending on the road then put my foot on the clutch and free wheel until it gets to 30 then back up to 35-40 free wheel  on a 50 MPH road I go up to 55-60, on a 70 MPH road i got up to 80ish etc etc, by doing this for 5 days on my way to work and back I saved about a gallon and a half ( 7 litres or thereabouts) so thats a saving of £9.75 per 5 days.
I also tried this yesterday and today when going up north camping. In 80 miles I used nearly 2 gallons of deisel, I was not freewheeling. Today on the way home I used 0.9 gallons. The digital thing in my car was telling me I was getting an average of 63MPH instead of my usual 45-48mph.

It is difficult to keep this up for long journeys but worth trying. It is easier to do on your own than with someone sitting in the passagnger seat asking " is there something wrong wit hyour car". Also if you dont like being overtaken then dont do this, you will only get annoyed.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Joust came in the door from a long night and day getting "Toasted and Jam" party.My head hurts.  Lots of good material coming in fer a well deserved song and maybe we'll find a warm home for Old Doll this coming winter. By the way Old Doll...My middle name is Mo.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

16 (edited by Old Doll 2008-06-08 23:49:54)

God your not my wee friend "Mo" In County Down ?
Honestly, thats what i call her. She'd say " What about ya? Meaning " How are ya!

Loads of sleep and milk thistle for the toxic liver, which is causing your headache.
believe me its a life saver at the Rostrevor Festival. lol.

Old Doll.

Ps UYK. I also boycott all the big Oil stations here. If we all done this around the globe, they would have no choice but to haul down the prices.
They have massive tanker ships loaded with oil outside all the bays around the world. Waiting for the prices to go up and up.
How do i know this ? Inside information. Greedy Gits.

Old Doll.

Argh. Gas prices suck. Try keeping a two stroke that gets 8mpg on premium filled up.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

To boost moral here in tennessee they are going to pass a new requirement for all gas station emplyees...So that everyone will feel better when they are paying for gas , the attendant must first put on a ski mask and hold a gun to each customers head until the transaction has been completed..If we are going to be robbed....might as well keep it real...

lol lol lol Riddler,

Thats the funniest image!

Old Doll.

Now thats what I'm talking about LOL great post riddler.
Can I put it in my tune?
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

sure

Interesting prices! I had one station offer £1.40 a litre ( 1.76 Euro or $ 2.70 - so Euro and $ must be trading very differently.) - but that was the last chance petrol saloon before the motorway.

Decided to start bussing it again this week, so I dragged out my old travel pass only to find out that it had "expired" and I had lost the £19 I had loaded on it. It was an example of how not to encourage people to use public transport !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

I think I'm gonna write a song about the IDIOT in the white house! I'll call it Stupid Man!!!!!
                                                                                                                            getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Should have Lots of GOOD Material LOL
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I believe there is a guy named "DIESEL GUITAR" his price to perform has doubled.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]