Topic: What is the most overrated band?

I've already asked about the most underrated band, and i didnt get many responses so this one might be easier because there are many overrated bands in my opinion. here are 3 i could think of.

My Chemical Romance-i like a couple songs but they're so friggin dramatic! and the way they look, they are just trying to hard!

Green Day-their songs are so simple! and not in a good way, even i can play their songs, and i suck at guitar!

Fall out Boy-yeah, they have some pretty good music but they're not THAT great! i can think of many better bands that aren't as famous!

here we are now, entertain us!
<3kurt cobain, smells like teen spirit

Re: What is the most overrated band?

Fred,
you might not have got much response because the topic was covered not that long ago. Happens now and then.

I thin kgreen days later stuff from 2001 onwards is good but maybe a bit overrated as they have not got much original on their songs, but  istill like them a lot.
Their early 90's stuff is superb though I think.

Chemical romance???? not heard much of their stuff to comment, but what i have heard I liked ( only about 3 songs)

fall out boy, i dont know at all.

but I tihnk all manufactured pop idol x factor girls aloud etc all that sort of stuff is highly over rated but then they are aimed at kids and they sell to kids that do actually like the music for some reason, so who am I to say who is over rated.
But there is a good shout on bands that are under rated, or not so much under rated but do not get enough airplay. This is down to their record companies for not doing their work properly in the P.R dept. They are probably to obusy spending money on the manufactured bands  probably.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

3 (edited by Tibernius 2008-06-13 16:47:24)

fredluvsnirvana wrote:

I've already asked about the most underrated band, and i didnt get many responses so this one might be easier because there are many overrated bands in my opinion. here are 3 i could think of.

My Chemical Romance-i like a couple songs but they're so friggin dramatic! and the way they look, they are just trying to hard!

Green Day-their songs are so simple! and not in a good way, even i can play their songs, and i suck at guitar!

Fall out Boy-yeah, they have some pretty good music but they're not THAT great! i can think of many better bands that aren't as famous!

You're just listed two of my favourite bands.
One thing I always find helps is to play the songs yourself first, then decide if they're overrated or if they actually deserve it.

And you may be able to play some Green Day songs, but can you play them exactly the same as they do?

Rolling Stones-this is all personal style and taste, but when you compare them to the Beatles or even the Who, they aren't much.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Ok, I'm sure I'll get allot of static for this one but I think John Prine is way overated. Some of his stuff is ok but I really haven't been to impressed. I have a copy of his greatest hits and they're decent but I just don't get all the hype. I apologize to all the Prine fans...lol Peace! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Van halan. Hey 06sc500, The stones are still going on world tours,Beatles broke up etc. The who have not done anything in a long time.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Van halan. Hey 06sc500, The stones are still going on world tours,Beatles broke up etc. The who have not done anything in a long time.

That's true, but I'm willing to bet that the Beatles accomplished more in a decade then the Stones have in four decades, if you look at how each band has influenced music.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot