Topic: Father's day is here at last!

Got out of bed this morning to hear scuffles. BACK TO BED!!!!! said my daughter. Then I remembered what day it was. It is the only day of the year I am told to get back to bed.
Stale bread toasted ( will have to remember to throw out old bread as soon as a new loaf is opened) with a glass of apple juice ( I'm not too keen on apple juice, it reminds me of cider too much)
It was lovely of my son and daughter to do this for me though. And later on they are taking me to the pictures to see the hulk, yes!! this is my son's idea ,lol. I told him he can pay everything for me and he agrees, but I will not let him spend all his money on this, he can buy the popcorn lol

So to all you fathers out there HAPPY FATHERS DAY to you.

and to all you kids out there, why are you on the computer reading this? you should be away spoiling yer dad. Or ye can stay on here and keep out his way if he is wanting peace and quiet for a change lol

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Re: Father's day is here at last!

Thanks Ken, and a Happy Fathers day to you, and to all the fathers out there in Chordie land. I woke this morning to a quiet house. My wife has gone to the store to get some biscuits to make my favorite breakfast dish, biscuits and gravy. My kids were lying quietly, snuggled up with each other. My daughter was asleep but my 2yr old son was awake. He was underneath my daughters arm. As he saw me he gave me a smile and two thumbs up. All "hail" has broken loose now but for a brief moment this morning I saw the perfect, peaceful, image of what life is all about...........

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Happy Father's day to all oul Da's out there.

Breakfast made for me this morning, chance to watch an old movie on TV ( Jeremiah Johnston - now there was a man ! ) this afternoon, and a meal out with the family earlier tonight, sitting with a beer now and contemplating picking up the guitar   - bliss !

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Nice, guys. I got handed a card and cd on the way out the door. About 2 hours after waking and making everyone's breakfast. My wife and daughter only remembered when my wife said we need to go visit your dad today..... oops.... happy fathers day.

They love me really.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??