Topic: World Cup 2008

I'm not a big fan of Soccer(football) but I do appreciate the talent it takes to play and the passion you get when you follow it.
I'm guessing there is some fans out there that want to plug their team.Go CANADA  LOL-LOL-LOL

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: World Cup 2008

hi Kap,
there is no world cup footy this year. This year is european championship. At the end of this year til about March next year I tihnk, it is the qualifying matches for world cup 2010 being held in South Africa.
Not looking too good for Scotland just now since we have Holland in our table and I am thinking they will make it through to the finals of the euro cup wit hthe way they are playing just now.
Ah well theres always a chance I suppose lol it is good being scottish , we dont expect to win anything anymore, anything we do win is a bonus but still we will turn out in our thousands for the games,bevy and banter,

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Sorry about that Ken.In London Ontario there is so much hoopla about the matches going on I figured it must be the worlds."Footy" over here is turning into a huge sport.Toronto has a team that is doing OK.Don't know what they are called or league they play in but they play against David Beckham and the Galaxy.I don't see the cause for excitement with him but as I said I'm not a big "FootyFan"

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Since he left Manchester UTD i have no interest in him. I think he is pretty muc han average player but his reputation is bigger than his footy abilities.

Ken

Thats my take on him too.Whats all the hoopla besides his wife and contract

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I don't think the Euro's hold much interest in the UK as none of the four teams qualified for the finals.
It was rather pathetic how the BBC and ITV tried to drum up interest in the televised matches.....
Who are you going to support seeing there was no national side to cheer on DAh.... 

Thinking about it we do have a large number of Europeans here so I guess maybe the viewing figures may still hold up.
England has  got a European manager now  and he's recalled Beckham to the Squad so things are looking rosy for the World cup  qualifiers.......... Not
and they have mucked around with timing of Eastenders and that has really Pi** me off. lol
Ark

I am wanting Spain to win euro. only because I have them in a sweepstake and will win 80 quid,lol.
I still think there is a lot of interst in this tourny though, still very good teams and some excellent games like the one last night with Turkey and the czechs.
It is also good to see teams like Italy get thrashed and france to draw to lesses teams than themselves. I love underdogs winning.

Although I will not win 80, I would like to see Portugal win

Ken

I'm for Spain too, if only because they topped Northern Ireland's group and we beat them 3-2 in Belfast ( Healy scored a hat-trick).

I would have prefered that one of the domestic TV companies had spent some cash on ensuring we could see the rugby internationals.

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

KAP54

Toronto  FC is the Canadian Club your thinking of ... they play in the MLS in the US ... GREAT fan support from the team I know that ... in regards to Beckham with all due respect, no one services the ball better IMO ... and his free kicks are amazing ... he may not have the youth or quality to run with the young guys anymore, but his services are top notch ...

Good luck on your 80 quid Ken!  I can't believe Italy is in the bottom of their group ... I'm routing for Portugal since I follow Ronaldo and like Deco ... it shocked me that Scolari will be coaching Chelsea ... and I didnt know Morinho was coaching Inter Milan

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

I am not a footy fan although I do enjoy the international matches and there are no prizes for guessing that I am supporting Portugal too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"