Topic: Minor suggestion

This may help with the overall quality of the tabs listed here on Chordie.

I have noticed that most tabs have been from one or two huge archive sites with several thousand tabs on them.

What may work better is to look around for artist pages with tabs on them, these are generally more accurate than the big, i like to call them "tab corporation", sites. Just for example, a google search for Paul Simon tabs can lead you to his fan site, which has tabs listed for his more popular songs, which i have found to be pretty accurate.

This may already be common knowledge to the administrator(s) here at Chordie, so sorry if this is already known!

Re: Minor suggestion

Yes, I know. The large archives are taking too much place on Chordie right now. There is quite a few fan-sites, but they are drowning at the moment. It will be top priority to include more fan sites.

There are a few technical requirements though. The most notable is that the songs has either to be in txt-format, or html-pages where the chords/lyrics are encapsulated in pre-tags. The Paul Simon-page has this, and will be ideal for inclusion on Chordie. It will be included, but unfortunately not in the upgrade that is due in just a few hours.

It does however take a lot of time finding the good the fan sites. If you submit such sites to this thread, I'll try to include as many as possible in the next upgrade.