1 (edited by KAP54 2008-06-27 10:57:08)

Topic: Editing

I would like to edit the name of a song in the songwriters forum in the main header.Can this be done?
Thanks KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: Editing

Hi Kenny,

Just got your e-mail and I went and changed the subject title of your song for you. Chordie does work slightly different for us Admin folk so it is possible that you may not be able to do what I have done. I simply went into edit and changed the the subject from For Me I Cry (I think that is what is was) to Left Behind.

It may be that Members can edit the content of their post but not the subject (I seem to remember Jeff, Jets60, having a similar problem a while ago). If that is the case, on the rare occassions that this service is required you will have to bribe one of us Admin folks to do it for you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi KAP54,
If you use word instead of chord pro, then you can change anything in your post. And it's much
easier to use then chord pro. I don't know 'bout you, but I don't want anybody else messin' with
my post [no offense to admin], just the way I feel. Not to mention, if I want to tab it out, I can!
I prefer to have control over my music. I don't care if someone prints my songs and plays them,
long as they credit me for writing it.
                                                 Peace out,
                                                           getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Getfiddle the whole point about having Administrators is that they CAN alter any message to remove spam and abuse. We interfere as little as possible but there are times when we have to take action and sometimes, as in this case, we step in to help someone.

However if you had read Kenny's message you would see that it is not the body of his message he was concerned with but the title, and I think that you are wrong. I do not think that a Member can alter the title of his posting whether it be in Word or any other format only the body of his message. Kenny has been around Chordie a while and I am sure if he could have edited the title himself he would have done so.

Writing a song in Word is not as easy as writing in chopro getting the chords in the right place is a nightmare also if you try to print it out and alter the font size to make it easier to read the chords are then in the wrong place again. Writing in chopro does not have this disadvantage and the the chord grids are also shown which can be very handy if an obscure chord is used in the song. You can also make yourself a very nice songbook of just your own songs by printing out the chopro formated oned.

If you have not already guessed I am a big fan of chopro. lol

Roger

Thanks one more time for your help Roger.
I'll not let that happen again as I was rushing myself and had a brainfart. LOL None the less I owe ya one.Thanks Again

Thanks for your input Getfiddle but me and computers don't mix too well and if I tried the Word format I would end up screwing myself into the ground.Once I was shown by Roger, Chopro made  sense to me and is fairly easy to use.I'll file your info and when(or if) I get gooder on the computer I'll give it a go.

Peace KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Admin,
I don't mean to insult anybody for using any certain program, I just think word is easier for me.
Also when you print songs when Their in chord pro, it doesn't print the chords. Which means you have to go to word anyway. Again, it is not my intention to insult or offend anyone, its just my
observation. If I have offended anyone, then I offer My apologies.
                                                                                        getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

No Harm No Foul getfiddle,when I get gooder I'll be trying word.
Thanks for your imput.
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Getfiddle,

You certainly have not offended me, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and people will always disagree about various things and ways of doing things.

Having used Word for years for my songs I am trying to get them all converted to chopro as I find it better. You of course disagree but that is fine. I am certainly not going to call you out at dawn, guitars drawn, ten paces apart..... lol

Seriously though, there is something wrong with your PC or the way you are printing out songs as they should show the chord grids in blue above the black lyrics. The print button halfway down the right hand side of the page should do this. Using the print button on your browser will stop it from working and a copy and paste will show the chords in place but in square brackets.

Roger

i looked every where but i dont no how to put up songs  all i can do is correct them what do i do sad sad sad hmm hmm hmm

Hi Linkinfan and welcome to Chordie,

The short answer is you cannot, sorry. Please read my 'Sticky' titled "Posting Of Songs" at the start of the About Chordie section.

Roger