1 (edited by seanfitzg 2008-06-28 11:28:09)

Topic: Can I add a private comment to a song?

Hi all,

I've just started using this site - very impressed.  But I'd like to know if it's possible to add a private comment to songs on my songbook.  e.g. "play with capo first fret", that sort of thing?

Thanks,
Sean.

Re: Can I add a private comment to a song?

Hi seanfitzg & welcome to chordie!

Yes, you can add a comment to your songs.  In fact, you can edit your songbook songs in any way you choose - here is how:
>Log in & go to your songbook(s)
>Open a song using the green 'edit' button at the end of the song's listing.
>Now, you will see two windows.  The upper window shows the song in its raw form and the lower window shows how it looks once chordie's formatting voodoo is applied.
>In the upper window, you can make your editing changes. To save these changes click the 'save' button between the windows.

>Also (and this is the really neat part), if you have corrected a problem with the song (missing lyrics or chords, etc) you can correct the song in chordie's index. To do this, simply open the song from the index, click 'improve song' at the bottom of the page, and then paste in your corrections and save (using the button between edit and view windows). Your user name will appear on that version of the song as the improver.

Hope this helps & this song editing process is easier to do than to explain.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: Can I add a private comment to a song?

Cheers, that works nicely!