Topic: IM Links for members?

Is there any way to add our Instant messanger links to our profile. I think it'd be great to know who was online and willing to chat or discuss forum topics via IM. Just a thought... Any supporters?

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: IM Links for members?

Sounds interesting to me
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I'll go fer dis un.

Nela

There is space in your Profile to enter your Jabber, ICQ, MSN, AOL or Yahoo messaging link. However entering my details seemed to have no effect so maybe this service is not active. I guess this is one for Per.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I already link to some chordie members through MSN.

Im Not the fastest typist in the world, but i get there eventually. lol It is great for quick contact if needed.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Cant you get this up by clicking a users name? This interface is slightly different when you are an administrator.

I think I get this now but I had to log off to see it.

I had been expecting to see an Instant Messaging link with the E-mail and Website links but it does not work that way. If you click on the Username it will list their details including the IM link which you can then use to make contact.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

8 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-07-01 17:56:52)

Roger Guppy wrote:

I think I get this now but I had to log off to see it.

I had been expecting to see an Instant Messaging link with the E-mail and Website links but it does not work that way. If you click on the Username it will list their details including the IM link which you can then use to make contact.

Roger

That's what I was expecting also...Is there a way to add it. It would make it much easier than having to look at each individual profile and then you only get there contact info... Couldn't an active link displayed with your avi be arranged? Just a thought...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]