Topic: You are my king-amazing love...strum pattern

Can anyone give me a workable strum pattern for this song? I worked on it forever last night and couldn't get. however, sitting in the office, without my guitar of course, I think a D UDU would work. Thoughts?

Re: You are my king-amazing love...strum pattern

My thought is to play however it feels like it should be to you.  I've heard about four different versions of "Amazing Love".  None of them were identical, and they all sounded good to me. 

Otherwise, don't try and get it just right immediately.  Just go with down strums on 1 and 3 counts while singing.  Slowly add in additional strums, up or down, that "feel" right to you.  Develop it over time instead of all at once. 

Remember that the Newsboys are an entire band.  You are a single guitarist.  You will not mimic an entire band with a single guitar no matter how good you are.  The best guitarist I've ever heard cannot make his guitar sound like a saxophone.  So, just give it a go and do your own version.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf, thats what effects are for tongue

It's not how well you play... It's how much effort you put into the playing

I'm with zurf--I think this is a pure "feel" song.  I've played it a million times and I'm always changing it around.  Use a real light touch for a lot of the song...just brush the ebg strings on the upstroke just to accent the vocals--and I like to play the bridge straight down strokes, power chords, and build it up big moving back into the chorus.  I'm sure there was a more musical way to say that but I don't know them fancy words.