Topic: Help?

How do I edit an already tabbed song?

Like in this one "The Wedding Singer" song, the chord is A7 instead of "Am"

How do I change it?

It wasn't tabbed by me.

Also, Hi, I'm Meaghan, I've been playing guitar for about a year, and I write music, and play about 11 other instruments, which I bring up in conversation whenever possible.

Peace & Jazz
-Meaghan

Re: Help?

Hello Meaghan or maybe I should call you heartbreaker (Colin AND Brad?) lol

Welcome to Chordie.

If you go to the bottom of the song you will see the message 'Please Improve This Song'. if you click on there it will take you into the editing mode. Please make sure that you have it all OK before you do. It is often better to transfer it your songbook first so you can take your time getting it correct and then copy and paste to the original.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hello ilovecolinandbrad and welcome to chordie!

Here is how you can edit a song . . .
.  Login, then move the song into your songbook.
.  Now, open the song from your songbook by using the little green 'edit' button at the end of its listing.
.  You will now see 2 views of the song. The upper pane shows the 'raw' song before chordie's formatting voodoo has been applied.
.  In the upper pane, you can make what ever changes are needed (but don't change the title of subtitle).
.  Use the 'save' button between the panes to apply your changes.
   ALSO . . . .
.  You can also use your newly corrected version to improve the song version in chordie's index.

Hope this helps, James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

OOPS! Seems both Roger and I were responding to your question . . .

Hey, ilovecolinandbrad (who?) I tried to send you a MySpace friend request.
However, your page requires secret info . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

5 (edited by ilovecolinandbrad 2008-07-09 16:39:40)

K:

1: Thanks for the help! I'll go edit as soon as I'm finished.  And I have close to perfect pitch, so I got the chords right!

2: I'm about to go change the myspace thingy. 

3: 'ilovecolinandbrad' Is my forum name for about 10 different boards, and so it's easier to use that for all of 'em than having different names for 10 different boards.

4. 'ilovecolinandbrad' is the name of two guys from the show "Whose Line Is It Anyway" which I watch religiously.  Also I met them both: Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood.

They are both incredibly awesome.

Peace & Jazz =  (my standard message-ender)

Peace & Jazz
-Meaghan

6 (edited by ilovecolinandbrad 2008-07-09 16:39:50)

and also, I probably shoulda done the smart thing and looked at the other forum.  Where it answers my question already....

Sorry 'bout that.

Peace & Jazz
-Meaghan