Topic: SMALL HELP REQUESTED ON CHORDS

I'm brand new at this.  Hope I'm asking the right thing in the right forum, but:

I'm looking at chords and tabs for some popular but simple songs to get started.  One was "Heart of the Matter" by Eagles as seen on "When Hell Freezes Over".  The song is on youtube so it's easy to see where I'm talking about.  I'm having no problems with the simple chords, but if you see and listen to the vid, Walsh does a few transitions between chords where otherwise, I'd just be strumming the same chord waiting until the next shift.  Anybody know what he's doing in the transition?  I'm not familiar enough yet to pick out the chords he's using.  I'd sure appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

Re: SMALL HELP REQUESTED ON CHORDS

Hi Lynx,

You did not put a link to the actual version of the song so I looked at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLgUuHl2xJo and what I think you are looking at is shown on: http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.r … matter.pro

Look at the intro as I think what you are looking for is the D Dsus2 Dsus4 transition.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I think the first time he did it was line 4 as shown in your link to the chords.  The chart shows G for the whole line, but Walsh used a progression between the G and the next line (A7/A) and then again in line 6.  Thanks for the quick response.  Cool website by the way.

Dave

Oh and the youtube link you used was exactly the performance.  I just bought the DVD.  I grew up in the Eagles heyday but never knew anything about them.  It was interesting.  Really good performance too.

Hi Dave,

The chord sequence is  G to D and then to A7/A and what he is playing is a 'walk down' from the G to the D. There is more than one guitar plaing but it sounds to me as though if you pick your G string on the 5th, 4th 2nd and open frets as you go into D you will be fairly close.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks.  I'll give it a try tonight.