Topic: Well...The LP is getting sold...

Yep...It's day has come.
I'm tired of struggling with barre chords cause the neck is sooooo thin.
I'm tired of the 15 pound weight. (Yes, it truly weighs that much...no joke)
I'm tired of being the only one in both the bands I play in that has to sit down to play.

Overall, it's not where I need to be. So the silverburst is getting sold as soon as I pick out my next guitar. The newbie will have a thick thick wide neck like the Eric Johnson Stratocaster.
I don't think I'll get the EJ model unless God smiles on me and pushes a windfall my way though hehe. But whatever guitar I get, It sure as heck won't be a gibson or any remake of the gibson.
That style of guitar just won't work for my long fingers.

I played the EJ model of the strat and it fit like a glove. My hand didn't cramp up trying to do barre chords and it also fit comfortably up against my body. Man, I feel like a total dick for giving away my Yamaha strat knock-off (EJ-112-c2). sad

Ah well, I guess the search begins anew...
Let the fun begin!!!!

wink
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Re: Well...The LP is getting sold...

Sometimes an instrument just doesn't take. But every guitar takes you somewhere, even if it's just knowing what kinda guitar you do need.

If you're in the market for an s-type check out Levinson Blade, Washburn and Fret-King. All have interesting takes on the classic shape without you paying additional for the Fender name.

15 pounds! Probably weighs more than my bass (which is a light maple one, a Fender P would tip the scales against that LP but I digress). Why is it that manufacturers quote all kinds of specifications but rarely list weight. Pretty easy to measure I'd have thought...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

if your thinking Strat....the Jimmie Vaughn MIM is killer...
the neck is a soft V and is the most comfortable guitar I've
ever played...Tex-mex pickups and high end Fender parts including
solid steel trem block
....check it out.....

Well, I'm going to be in the Gibson camp a little while longer.
I found a workaround to the tough playability of my silverburst.

I took off the Drop-D strings (Ernie Ball - "Heavy bottom skinny top" strings)
and put on a regular set of rock and roll 9's.

I'm in barre chord heaven now...but my baby still weighs a ton...lol.

smile
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

I switched to a wider (very wide) guitar strap and my Les Paul is still heavy, but it's a lot more bearable with a wider strap.

Give everything but up.

If you don't have one yet get a thick padded strap,  it worked great for my tele.

mixter102 wrote:

If you don't have one yet get a thick padded strap,  it worked great for my tele.

I have a thick padded bass guitar strap on my LP.
It works great!

Thanks,
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

If you are looking for som,ething new, then definetly look into the different kinds of Strats. I have a Fender 48th street custom strat, it's mexican made but it is really awesome. And its a feather weight and won't make you tired just trying to hold it up.

Kewl, Thanks Tyler. I'll look that Strat up and see if I can find one local to play on at a store.

smile
Dm

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle