Topic: The Who VH1 Rock Honors

This concert / show was on last weekend and I just caught a replay. I was most impressed by Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder's vocals. The Who are one of my favorite all time rock bands with extreme talent throughout. That said, the power of Daltrey's vocals stand out and have not been found in many bands since. I thought Vedder captured that power magnificantly.

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id= … vid=256136 

Anybody else catch the show? Comments?

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: The Who VH1 Rock Honors

I watched some of it (a little when Pearl Jam were on and then some of The Who themselves) ... oddly I've listened to The Who a little bit and liked some of there songs ... but after learning a few on guitar I liked them a lot more ... I want to catch the whole thing though when I get a chance ...

Did they do "The Seeker" and "Baba O'Riley"?

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

The Who (Daltrey and Townsend anyway) did Baba, Who Are You, My Generation and Behind Blue Eyes. The whole show is on the link I posted. Pearl Jam and Townsend / Daltrey were the highlights. In my opinion, the others couldn't pull it off.

Eddie Vedder is one of rock-n-rolls most underrated singers. He isn't afraid to give props to his idols (i.e. Neil Young and Roger Daltrey) I have the utmost respect for Mr. Vedder as a singer/songwriter/musician. I'd  give my almost perfect hairline(ahem) to work with the guy. Besides, wigs are cool....

Give everything but up.

I could not get to see anything on that link apart from an advert for hair conditioner or shampoo or something.
I even tried the list at the left but the screen kept saying then that the video was unaccessable

Maybe something wrong with that site...I wil try later

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Hi TOP, I would love so much to go to a concert, and since I can't stand right no longer, even with my cruches, I need my wheelchair who arrived 2 days ago.
But what was the play list? Did they sing songs from TOMMY, or SEE ME, FEEL ME?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Doc - When you next visit the states, we'll have to take in a show. The best seats are often the wheel chair access seats! Here's the set list:

Foo Fighters – “Young Man Blues†, “Bargainâ€

Incubus – “I Can See For Miles†, “I Can’t Explainâ€

Flaming Lips – “Medley from Tommy†

Tenacious D – “Squeeze Boxâ€

Pearl Jam – “Love Reign O’er Me†, “The Real Meâ€

The Who – “Baba O’Riley†, “Who Are You†, “Behind Blue Eyes†, “My Generation†, “Tea and Theatreâ€

Ken - It may be that you can't access it due to your location. Here's the main page for the event, you may want to try it.

http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/rock_honors/_2008/

thanks toppy

maybe i am a complete numpty right now but i still cannot access videos through that link

anyone else in the uk having probs?

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Ken,

You can try to connect through a proxy server - just do a search for proxy server. When on the proxy site, enter the link I posted. Proxy servers basically hide your IP and may allow you to view the videos.

Pearl Jam did a great job on "The Real Me" complete with scissor kicks!

That's alright, I got my guitar
-Jimi Hendrix

I caught the show also on re run. Amazing show! I enjoyed all the performers. I really enjoyed The Foo. Maybe it's the old punk in me but I really like them. I don't own any albums of theirs but I like them.
How about Pete still jumping around!!! They still got it! Love the Who!! It was nice to see Slash and others paying tribute.

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"