Topic: First day with new strings

Man, you got to love the first day with new strings.  Everything sounds so bright and cheery.  Well, everything played on the guitar anyway. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: First day with new strings

I agree..
Just changed mine too.. can't get enough smile

anastasia

ZURF, I played 10 years with the same strings except when I bought another guitar. Electric I don't see that much difference, but I know that if you play guitar with brandnew strings it is as if you play a BRAND NEW GUITAR.
What strings do you use?
I use ELIXIR STRINGS NOW. They don't sound better, but they last longer.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Longer than 10 years!!!!!!!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Zurf just put on my first set of elixers and polished tightened nuts and my accustic sounds like angels with golden harps backing up a jimmy buffet concert smile 

Zurf wrote:

Man, you got to love the first day with new strings.  Everything sounds so bright and cheery.  Well, everything played on the guitar anyway. 

- Zurf

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I won't use anything but Martin strings on all my acoustics! The reason being, I think they sound
better, they last longer [not ten years!]. And I will tune to Eb starting out, then tune to standard
when they get broke in. Ten year old strings? Couldn't have much ring left in them, if they had
any at all! I would never leave a set of strings on for ten years, I'd sell my guitar's before I'd did that!
                                                                                                                                  getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Damm .. if strings last ten years i've wasted over a hundred years worth...I use Martin medium 80/20
bronze.. seem to me to sound best after a good while...nice and rich and deep ..whats the pros view ?

I use Martin Marquies 20 - 80 bronze, great tone and feel I
find. change em  about four times a year. I'm not a pro just a
kitchen party strummer and its a bunch of fun.

... Badeye cool

one caper after another

I actually hate the way my guits sound on the first day of new strings..I don't like them till about the 3rd day when they tone down a bit. I guess I just favor warm over bright. I had an extra set of elixer poly extra lights from some set ups I did for a friend laying around and decided to try them on my Yairi. Yikes.. it ruined my tone... Sounded so thin. It's been 4 days today and they still sounded thin. I had to up the stiffness of my pick from a .73 Dunlop nylon to a .88 tortex to compensate and they sound acceptable now. I'll be going back to elixer nano medium-light PB's as soon as I can justify the change. I wish they had a better selection of acoustic flatwounds on the market. I only prefer the elixers because you don't hear the slides as much.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I tried Martin strings and didn't like them at all on this guitar.  I usually go with D'Addorio either Phospher Bronze if I'm going to do a lot of strumming or Silk & Steel if I'm going to do a lot of picking. 

The last set was a set of Elixir Nanowebs.  I liked them very well, but I don't like the price.  Yeah, it works out in the end, but with the D'Addorios I get to have new strings three times for the one time with Elixir. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude