Topic: Notice the difference?

Hello!

I'm mainly an acoustic player, but I like to dabble into electric. The only electric guitar i have is a very poor squier.

I've seen a nice Fender Strat for £400 (ish) and before i splash the money on it, I just wondered if the difference would be noticeable.

Thanks!

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!

Re: Notice the difference?

Not as noticeable as if you bought a Gibson Les Paul ;-)

Both guitars are aiming for the strat vibe so they're trying for the same sound. The more expensive instrument _should_ carry you there in more style. It _should_ feel smoother, more alive, easier to play but... that isn't guarranteed. There's alot of variation in the Fender mid-range, even within one model.

Soundwise strat's can come loaded with very weak single coils pickups for that vintage 60s sound, 'hot' single coil pickups for that texas SRV sound and then humbuckers for that 'fat' metal/indie sound. You need to check out what that £400 beauty has in it and see if it matches your tastes.

Strat is a great shape but beyond that there's a world of differing instruments. Check out what makes like Tokai, Blade and Fret-King do with the strat. They may inspire you more than the usual Fender offerings...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

In a music store (I have a lot of guitars, so they know me very well) they always tell me to buy, when I ask the question (HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY DIFFERENT FENDERS THEY SELL? DOZENS) to go for an artist model, or a reissue. IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY of course.
Here are plenty of topics about guitars and price ranges.
My advise is always the same: visit an online music store like www.musiciansfriends.com, look for Fender and see all the models. Compare some models and read the COMMENTS that other people wrote. Then go to youtube and look for th models you like, search them and listen and you will have a pretty good idea. If you have time go to a music store and take one of the models, see,feel and touch the guitar.Listen to that guitar and you will understand what I mean. You can go to EBAY, I gave bought on ebay 10 guitars and neverhad 1 problem.
I hope this info helps.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

kinda hijacking this thread for a quick question big_smile - is the distance between frets the same on acoustic and electrics?

I just borrowed an electric and it feels like the frets are closer together

happyfeet wrote:

kinda hijacking this thread for a quick question big_smile - is the distance between frets the same on acoustic and electrics?

I just borrowed an electric and it feels like the frets are closer together

It can be most Classical and Accoustic guitars have a set scale length of 25.6in. or 650mm.

but Electrical guitar scale lengths  can vary by brand and even model.  Most are smaller than the Classical standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale_length