Topic: Heading out tomorrow

I leave tomorrow morning for four days on the New River in West Virginia without my family.  There will be paddling, fishing, good food, and homemade music around the campfire all night long.  Plus a little bit of that stuff that made West Virginia famous and isn't incest or coal.  Let's call it blackberry preserves and leave it at that. 

My guitar and my fly rod are the only things that I am certain that I will use. 

Pretty stoked about it, too.    These are the only four days out of the year during which I am not constantly bombarded to do, do, do for others.  I can be myself, take care of myself, and not worry about anyone else.  The generosity and kindness of the folks who go with me are awesome.  No one HAS to look out for anyone, so everyone looks out for one another of our own free will, not out of a sense of obligation or because the law says we're not allowed to lock them in a kennel, but because we want to. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Heading out tomorrow

Zurf

Sounds like a great time ... I miss doing all of that back in Pennsylvania (Poconos) ... fishing, eating your catch over the fire ... ahh the lost days of my youth

Have a great time and don't let the Black Bears know about the blackberry jam!

"Rhythm drives the Rock-n-Roll train"

Gibson Les Paul/PRS Custom/Ovation Celebrity Koa
Line6 SpiderIII 75

some guys have all the luck, this sounds like therapy almost especially the hooch lol enjoy the time you have and dont drop the guitar in the water its hard on the neck lol have a great time zurf smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

LesPaulGuy wrote:

Zurf

Sounds like a great time ... I miss doing all of that back in Pennsylvania (Poconos) ... fishing, eating your catch over the fire ... ahh the lost days of my youth

Have a great time and don't let the Black Bears know about the blackberry jam!

It's not blackberry jam.  The blackberries are preserved using a more liquid form of preservative. 

I don't eat my catch, preferring for catch & release on sport fish, but I will be eating very well nevertheless.  I may try for some catfish and would eat that, though.  Hmmmm, now you've got me thinking.  I should probably take some corn meal.

I grew up in Pennsylvania to the West of you in the Appalachians. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

"Squeel like a pig".  Hope you enjoy yourself.  Sounds fun, Zurf.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

6 (edited by Zurf 2008-08-06 14:52:38)

Russell_Harding wrote:

some guys have all the luck, this sounds like therapy almost especially the hooch lol enjoy the time you have and dont drop the guitar in the water its hard on the neck lol have a great time zurf smile

I'll try and keep my neck dry.  smile

The calibre of pickers around the campfire at these events is amazing.  I'll be looking at the days as paddling and fishing opportunities and the evenings as a guitar symposium.  In all likelihood, I'll play a few songs early on in the evening and then the real talent will be playing more later on.  I'll grab an acoustic bass or harmonica for the stuff later on.  I have half a chance of keeping up with the bass and just don't give a rip if I sound good with harmonica.

- Zurf

p.s.  There will be no squeeling.  Ned Beatty was a wimp.

Zurf, glad to know someone is getting to make a great trip like yours sounds. Wish it was me, going. So, you gonna release the trout and eat the catfish. Hmmmm, we release the catfish and use the trout as bait. Just kidding. But, I do release most of the catfish I catch. I spent 30+ years fishing bass tournaments and now I try to fish catfish tournaments when I can. We keep enough small catfish to eat but the big-uns gets to live and fight another day. Our largest Mississippi Bluecat to date was just 93 pounds. (all on rod and reel)

Fishing during the day - relaxing and enjoying life at night - IT JUST DON'T GET BETTER THAT THAT!

Nela

bensonp wrote:

...and if someone approaches you and your buddies and say, "Boy you gotta perdy mouth", run, run real fast!

Have yourself a wonderful getaway.

SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:
bensonp wrote:

...and if someone approaches you and your buddies and say, "Boy you gotta perdy mouth", run, run real fast!

Have yourself a wonderful getaway.

SouthPaw41L

It won't be a problem.  I'm 6'3", weigh 240 pounds and can whip up a bad attitude real fast.  I won't have to worry about them being armed either, 'cause I'm likely to be bulletproof through much of the weekend. 

- Zurf

I hope you have a great time!!! smile Don't you just love the times when you get to do what YOU want to do? And to be surronded by awesome people makes it all the better!!! What campfire songs are you gonna play???

{{***~MuZiK LuVeR~***}}

One question Zurf

Are ya taking the Chef ? lol

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I am not taking the Chef, but I am taking a fine, fine kitchen and enough food to feed an army.  A small one, but an army nonetheless. 

- Zurf

totally_unique13 wrote:

What campfire songs are you gonna play???

Start with Forever and Ever Amen, then probably Tin Cup Chalice, then maybe Ain't No Sunshine, and then whatever someone who flips through my songbook asks "Hey! I love this song.  Can you do that one?" asks for. 

Sometime in the night, while sitting along a river in West Virginia, it is a necessity to play "Take Me Home Country Roads". 

A few of the guys there are retired Navy, so I am working on (won't say I've learned it yet) "They're Sending the Old Man Home." 

Flesh and Blood will likely make an appearance for no other reason than I can play it half way through with only slightly embarrassing myself. 

But two songs that will absolutely, positively get played, probably more than once, are Herschel's Campfire Song and My Life Revolves Around Pee (The Tinkle Waltz). 

- Zurf

Heres your cook book Zurf.

God left us great clues as to what foods help what part of our body!
God's Pharmacy! Amazing!

A sliced Carrot looks like the human eye. The pupil, iris and radiating lines look just like the human eye... and YES, science now shows carrots greatly enhance blood flow to and function of the eyes.

A Tomato has four chambers and is red. The heart has four chambers and is red. All o f the research shows tomatoes are loaded with lycopine and are indeed pure heart and blood food.

Grapes hang in a cluster that has the shape of the heart. Each grape looks like a blood cell and all of the research today shows grapes are also profound heart and blood vitalizing food.

A Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums.  Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three (3) dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.

Kidney Beans actually heal and help maintain kidney function and yes, they look exactly like the human kidneys.
Celery, Bok Choy, Rhubarb and many more look just like bones. These foods specifically target bone strength. Bones are 23% sodium and these foods are 23% sodium. If you don't have enough sodium in your diet, the body pulls it from the bones, thus making them weak. These foods replenish the skeletal needs of the body.

Avocadoes, Eggplant and Pears lol you may not need this Zurf lol?

target the health and function of the womb and cervix of the female - they look just like these organs. Today's research shows that when a woman eats one avocado a week, it balances hormones, sheds unwanted birth weight, and prevents cervical cancers. And how profound is this?  It takes exactly nine (9) months to grow an avocado from blossom to ripened fruit. There are over 14,000 photolytic chemical constituents of nutrition in each one of these foods (modern science has only studied and named about 141 of them).

Figs are full of seeds and hang in twos when they grow. Figs increase the mobility of male sperm and increase the numbers of Sperm as well to overcome male sterility.   { Or this?

Sweet Potatoes look like the pancreas and actually balance the glycemic index of diabetics.
Olives assist the health and function of the ovaries

Oranges, Grapefruits, and other Citrus fruits look just like the mammary glands of the female and actually assist the health of the breasts and the movement of lymph in and out of the breasts. { lol

Onions look like the body's cells. Today's research shows onions help clear waste materials from all of the body cells. They even produce tears which wash the epithelial layers of the eyes. A working companion, Garlic, also helps eliminate waste materials and dangerous free radicals from the body.

Old Doll.

Yes Old Doll, and there we have the Doctrine of Signatures, a quick google search will reveal all. x

aka ......   Boxer Petal....<3

Interesting on the food.  I'll avoid the carrots and walnuts because they can kill me, but the rest is something to read and learn more about.  Thanks Lena. 

- Zurf

Hope you have a great time Zurf, I too am off for a camping weekend but to the Dutch Mason Blues Fest in Truro, Nova Scotia. Headliners are Bonnie Rait, James Cotton, David Wilcox, amd many more.

Have a good one... Badeye  cool

one caper after another

Ya lucky Duck Badeye!

I cant make you love me" ! Not you Badeye, thats my favourite Bonnie Raitt Song. God i dont want Gem coming here
pulling the hair of me head. lol

Ask Bonnie to sing it for this Ole Doll.

Have a great One.

Old Doll.

Old Doll wrote:

Ya lucky Duck Badeye!

I cant make you love me" ! Not you Badeye, thats my favourite Bonnie Raitt Song. God i dont want Gem coming here
pulling the hair of me head. lol

Ask Bonnie to sing it for this Ole Doll.

Have a great One.

Old Doll.

Will do. I'll tell her you said hi.

..Badeye. cool

one caper after another

Lucky you,you deserve it,I wish I knew how too fly fish,I know all other ways and have done alot of camping also wish I could promt some of my friends too get out of thier expensive motor homes. Hey zurf do you know how too play dueling bangos? Lay that one on your friends see what kind of humor milage you can get out of that.         dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman